SA Post Office - We deliver parcels without delays

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Has anyone received a SAPO parcel recently?
I was supposed to get a Wish order, but then Level 5 lockdown kicked in.
I claimed for a refund so I don't have my tracking number anymore to check status updates, but wondering if SAPO have resumed the service

kripstoe

Expert Member
Same. Parcel just vanished off the face of the planet. Not even the tracking company knows where they lost track of. Claimed refund.

lkswan747

Expert Member
I do not use the Pos Kant Toor because they are as useless if not worse than before. With the virus, they now have a valid excuse for their k*k service.

calypso

Expert Member
Same thing happened to me with some t-shirts which I ordered from Australia. Tracking said it was in SAPO customs in JHB then it vanished.
SAPO cant tell me whats happened, they just gone.

NameOfBeast

One small positive development.

I had a package that was delayed in the UK for nearly two months, leaving Heathrow Worldwide DC only in late May. After that not a sign of it for more than a month. However... scanned into the SA system at JIMC this very morning! Things are slow, but hopefully beginning to move.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Not parcels, but I'm waiting for my Scientific American magazine from April. And from May. And from June. And from July. Guess there's no point in renewing the subscription in August, if I never receive any copies...

BandwidthAddict

Expert Member
Eskom, SAA, SAPO, etc are now only welfare and graft programs. Actually doing the job is pretty much at the bottom of the priority list.

FNfal

Executive Member
Wast of time and money they should close down .
Waiting for 6 parcels for 5 months .
Will not be using them again .

bromster

Expert Member
I read in a recent gazette that they want to give up domestic post entirely and scale back to more profitable international shipping.

NameOfBeast

One small positive development.

I had a package that was delayed in the UK for nearly two months, leaving Heathrow Worldwide DC only in late May. After that not a sign of it for more than a month. However... scanned into the SA system at JIMC this very morning! Things are slow, but hopefully beginning to move.
An update: collected my package Friday; so a bit more than two weeks from scanning into JIMC to delivery in the Cape. Oh, and the package fee (not VAT) has increased! Still, got my package! Woot!

Drifter

Honorary Master
Some of my packages landed at JIMC in January, still there. Others sent via DHL were delivered in a week from Chech republic.