Salaries in job posts

mr_norris

Expert Member
Maybe there are companies and recruitment agents that really try go above and beyond when it comes to getting a good CTC. However, every single one I've dealt with has asked for my payslip, added a couple percent on, and marketed me at that salary - which way back when amounted to nothing over extra costs and time.

It put me off recruiters. From then on, when I was looking, if I didn't spot a potential CTC range in a job posting, I moved on.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Let's say a company has many developers and they open another development role through advertising. One of the currently employed developers sees the posting and that it is offering more than they are earning (this can happen for many reasons), then you as an employer will now you have a difficult HR situation. It's a well known fact that companies ask employees to not discuss their salaries as it can create colleague and company tensions. Do you discuss your salary with everyone at work?
When you work at a company the position you are in has a salary bracket attached to it. As long as the job ad is in the same bracket for the same profile then existing people don't have to care or worry about it.

If the new person starts with a higher salary it is because they are are better negotiators.

But if you are offering a completely different bracket for the new start then you as a company/boss are not being fair to existing employees.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
But if you are offering a completely different bracket for the new start then you as a company/boss are not being fair to existing employees.
This is where loyalty comes in.
A new start usually means that fresh ideas will come in, hence the higher salary.
Not only that, the industry bracket for the roles change/increase year on year.

A grad that started in 2010 will earn a lot less than a grad that started in 2019. That plays a role as well. Industry/market standard.

whatwhat

Executive Member
I am not loyal to a job, you are giving up 8-10 hours a day of the prime of your life to a company and will happily let them fuxk you over? No thanks.

The new person might have new ideas but experience in the company and it's operations does also count.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I am not loyal to a job, you are giving up 8-10 hours a day of the prime of your life to a company and will happily let them fuxk you over? No thanks.

The new person might have new ideas but experience in the company and it's operations does also count.
I'm not disagreeing with you... :rolleyes:

I'm telling you how loyal people get fxcked over.