Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the latest official firmware from Intratech's thread that you guys have been happy with? I just got XWLPD, but don't know if its the latest?

Thanks!
 
Thanks. How do I know if the kernel will fit with my current ROM? Sorry, still a noob trying to learn!
 
What is the latest official firmware from Intratech's thread that you guys have been happy with? I just got XWLPD, but don't know if its the latest?

Thanks!

IMy primary rom is XWLPD. I am happy with it, but it is not the latest fw that came out.

Thanks. How do I know if the kernel will fit with my current ROM? Sorry, still a noob trying to learn!

Check the previous page - I posted two links that are quite usefull
 
Ok so this morning I just flashed my first custom kernel - Siyah. After tweeking some things with ExTweaks, I'm thinknig of getting a custom ROM too, possibly CM9. What apps will I loose if I don't back up? The only pre-installed app I really use is Google maps, but I can just reinstall that from Play.

EDIT: Reason I'd like to try a new ROM is battery life mostly, and maybe some new interface
 
What is the latest official firmware from Intratech's thread that you guys have been happy with? I just got XWLPD, but don't know if its the latest?

Thanks!

Intratech isnt updating the S2 thread since he got a S3 now.

I'm using LPG from that other firmware leech app. Can't remember what its called now.
 
Ok so this morning I just flashed my first custom kernel - Siyah. After tweeking some things with ExTweaks, I'm thinknig of getting a custom ROM too, possibly CM9. What apps will I loose if I don't back up? The only pre-installed app I really use is Google maps, but I can just reinstall that from Play.

EDIT: Reason I'd like to try a new ROM is battery life mostly, and maybe some new interface

Since you have Siyah now, download CM9 and flash it from recovery to the secondary ROM. This way you can test it and when you have installed apps you like and customised it enough, you can swop it to be your primary ROM
 
Kingrob: I got my S2 with ICS on it, what is better on Gingerbread?

I just can't get used to the huge fonts on ICS, the RAM usage, the music player that mucks up all my songs & the overall look and feel of ICS. Gingerbread just looks & behaves beautiful on the S2 & I really missed that after using ICS now for the last two months.

And you don't have to compromise on too much when you roll back, things that come to mind is the revamped Gmail app, you won't be able to run Google Chrome Beta and all the latest launchers, like Nova.

Most probably gonna get blasted by everyone here, so I will have to plan my escape now. :)
 
I just can't get used to the huge fonts on ICS, the RAM usage, the music player that mucks up all my songs & the overall look and feel of ICS. Gingerbread just looks & behaves beautiful on the S2 & I really missed that after using ICS now for the last two months.

And you don't have to compromise on too much when you roll back, things that come to mind is the revamped Gmail app, you won't be able to run Google Chrome Beta and all the latest launchers, like Nova.

Most probably gonna get blasted by everyone here, so I will have to plan my escape now. :)


Tx
 
Since you have Siyah now, download CM9 and flash it from recovery to the secondary ROM. This way you can test it and when you have installed apps you like and customised it enough, you can swop it to be your primary ROM

Thanks for the suggestion. I've dual booted and been playing with CM9 the for some time now.

I just can't get my SMSs to work. I receive messages but can't send. Any ideas?

But I'm enjoying CM a lot - its pretty awesome! Hope to be able to test battery life tomorrow.

EDIT: Turns out it was the message center number that had to be updated. Everything working nicely now!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've dual booted and been playing with CM9 the for some time now.

I just can't get my SMSs to work. I receive messages but can't send. Any ideas?

But I'm enjoying CM a lot - its pretty awesome! Hope to be able to test battery life tomorrow.

EDIT: Turns out it was the message center number that had to be updated. Everything working nicely now!

Glad you got sorted and enjoying CM9. You should get decent battery life.
 
I just can't get used to the huge fonts on ICS, the RAM usage, the music player that mucks up all my songs & the overall look and feel of ICS. Gingerbread just looks & behaves beautiful on the S2 & I really missed that after using ICS now for the last two months.

And you don't have to compromise on too much when you roll back, things that come to mind is the revamped Gmail app, you won't be able to run Google Chrome Beta and all the latest launchers, like Nova.

Most probably gonna get blasted by everyone here, so I will have to plan my escape now. :)

I think that quite a few manufacturers are happy with GB - hence the phones still being released with it on. :)

That said, I can't live without Onavo Extend, and that is 4.x+ only.
 
It looks as though my phone doesn't go to sleep. Any ideas please?

My battery sits at 80% after 3 hours, of which the screen was only on for 27m.
My CM9 settings for CPU is: Governor: Conservative, min 200mhz, max 800mhz.

Screenshot_2012-06-22-12-10-45.png

Screenshot_2012-06-22-12-10-54.png

Screenshot_2012-06-22-12-11-02.png

Screenshot_2012-06-22-12-11-20.png
 
Last edited:
It looks as though my phone doesn't go to sleep. Any ideas please?

My battery sits at 80% after 3 hours, of which the screen was only on for 27m.
My CM9 settings for CPU is: Governor: Conservative, min 200mhz, max 800mhz.

Which Siyah kernel? Version nr?
Do you have ExTweaks installed?
I use pegasus governor with sio scheduler. I don't have an issue like this.
 
Which Siyah kernel? Version nr?
Do you have ExTweaks installed?
I use pegasus governor with sio scheduler. I don't have an issue like this.

I have Siyah 3.3.2. My governor is conservative. I don't have ExTweaks installed, I worked with CM9's own settings under Performance in the settings menu.
 
For those wondering, I have been enjoying the awesomeness that is AOKP - even better than CM9, IMO.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X