Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I managed to install Slim Rom after having some problems with my USB connection to my Laptop. It must be a hardware problem on my S2 as it has not been sorted yet.

Slim seems nice. I hope the battery life is better than Stock 4.1.2 JB rom. What email app do you guys use for non gmail accounts?
 
So I managed to install Slim Rom after having some problems with my USB connection to my Laptop. It must be a hardware problem on my S2 as it has not been sorted yet.

Slim seems nice. I hope the battery life is better than Stock 4.1.2 JB rom. What email app do you guys use for non gmail accounts?

Just run the other email accounts through Gmail, then they're synced as well.

Google allows for five extra email accounts to run through Gmail.

Open Gmail > Settings > configure the extra mail accounts there.

Been doing this for the last three years, works perfectly.
 
Flash the slim gapps. I use the stock gmail app


What's te point of using Slim gapps? I just installed 20130301 gapps and they work just fine?

Just run the other email accounts through Gmail, then they're synced as well.

Man thats only for google email accounts, you just got me all excited thinking I could add different accounts like yahoo etc...=P Boo!

So only option is to use yahoo mail app. Never tried the other stock apps for email before.
 
Man thats only for google email accounts, you just got me all excited thinking I could add different accounts like yahoo etc...=P Boo!

So only option is to use yahoo mail app. Never tried the other stock apps for email before.

Um...you can. :)

I'm running Hotmail through Gmail. ;)
 
anybody know where i can get the 2000mh extended battery for the S2? only place i can find in stock is expansys but it is R480
 
anybody know where i can get the 2000mh extended battery for the S2? only place i can find in stock is expansys but it is R480

Saw one at Dion Wired and MTN Canal Walk.

Not sure if they still have it, might want to phone first.
 
anybody know where i can get the 2000mh extended battery for the S2? only place i can find in stock is expansys but it is R480

Is that from the South African Expansys site? Didn't they go bust a few months ago?

I got my extended battery from Kalahari.
 
I got my extended battery from Kalahari.

For me, the best thing about the extended battery is how good the phone feels in your hand with the new cover on.

Just feels premium & the extra juice just makes it great. My best buy for 2012. :)
 
Request please: My battery cover for some reason broke. If any one the bought an extended battery with a cover have the original cover (black) just lying there please help me out. I can get it from eBay but that will take for ever.
 
Request please: My battery cover for some reason broke. If any one the bought an extended battery with a cover have the original cover (black) just lying there please help me out. I can get it from eBay but that will take for ever.

kimbo, not want to be rude or unhelpful, but your post is exactly why I keep my original back cover.

Why don't you get yourself the extended battery, it's so worth it!
 
kimbo, not want to be rude or unhelpful, but your post is exactly why I keep my original back cover.

Why don't you get yourself the extended battery, it's so worth it!

Hi kingrob. I understand i would do the same. Finances are a bit on the low side for that now and i don't want to get a generic one.
 
Woo-hoo!! Enjoy!

Once you start using your S2 as a proper navigation device, and realize how powerful it is, you'll love it twice as much. :)

*Oh, and Google Navigation rocks!!

I already have a car charger and often use the navigation but it's awkward because there isn't a convenient place to put the phone. And now I can use dash cam software too :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X