Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out that I can order the phone from Telepage on the south coast, they reckon one week to deliver. Buuuut R1000 pay in because my company gets 15% discount from vodacom... sigh, now to convince the missus to let me spend a grand. BTW this is on a business 500 package. Daylight robbery if you ask me.
 
R1000 pay in on a contract like that is crazy! I am on the talk 240 plus so I would hate to imagine what my pay in would be. That Virgin deal seems like good value for money
 
R1000 pay in on a contract like that is crazy! I am on the talk 240 plus so I would hate to imagine what my pay in would be. That Virgin deal seems like good value for money

Well they haven't mentioned if there is a pay in or not.
 
Well they haven't mentioned if there is a pay in or not.

apparently there is not a pay in and the sandton branch is suppose have stock available by the end of this week - well, this is according to the virgin sales person in the store. i just don't know if i'm willing to go for a virgin. is anyone using them? how's the 3G coverage in jozi? the fact that the deal is such good value for money is making me suspicious.
 
Who needs 3G coverage anyway, as long as theres plenty hotspots around then it's all good. Saw today that it comes with 24 months route 66 "membership". If that's true then I'm even happier. Cannot wait to get this phone.
 
Who needs 3G coverage anyway, as long as theres plenty hotspots around then it's all good. Saw today that it comes with 24 months route 66 "membership". If that's true then I'm even happier. Cannot wait to get this phone.

Dude, everyone needs 3G.... Its like electricity, you only realise how much you need it when you dont have it ...

I use it everyday when stuck in traffic (no hotspots in the traffic), or when in a meeting (hold on, do you mind just getting hold of your network guy and giving me your password to the network, or create me an account on the domain as I have no 3G), my 9 and 12 year olds use it when they are not at home (How do you Google what time the movie starts, and how would they use WhatsApp without 3G), my wife uses it for Facebook when at work (And death would prevail if I took it away) ...
Now if only it was cheaper .... But that's another story !!!
 
Cell c has the galaxy s 2 for 280

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Just got back from the Vodacom shop in Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek. According to them the Galaxy S2 will be available from 6 July. (No contract details given)
According to MTN shop in the same mall MTN will only stock the phone from mid August. Looks like I will be moving to Vodacom.
 
I just got back from gateway. All the stores have the samsung display with the actual phone attached so people can have a look and play around with it.

I went to mtn immediately because I am due for an upgrade and have been waiting for this phone. The salesperson said that right now there is a special on the original galaxy s and that they need to sell that first.

I told him that I want the S2 and nothing else. He said that mtn might only release the phone around august when the special on the galaxy s ends.

I was so pissed off. I told him that the other shops are releasing it in the coming week and that I will be porting over.

Mtn are really useless. I wish there were someone to complain to so that mtn could push the release through. I am really fed up of waiting.
 
Just ordered two Galaxy S II's from Autopage this morning for myself and my wife. (I am on Vodacom.) Was a completely routine order. They knew everything about the phone and I just had to sign the order forms. They said one to two weeks for delivery, which in my experience is usual for when I order high end phones.
 
Just ordered two Galaxy S II's from Autopage this morning for myself and my wife. (I am on Vodacom.) Was a completely routine order. They knew everything about the phone and I just had to sign the order forms. They said one to two weeks for delivery, which in my experience is usual for when I order high end phones.

Very nice!

Now we live in hope that Vodacom will give us the 2GB for R149 data bundle as an add-on for your voice contract in the near future.

There phones love the internet. :)
 
Vodacom SP have stock, and I ordered mine this morning.
Pay-in is R2,299 on a Talk120 contract. Hopefully I will have it in the next week. :D
Finally the wait is over.

EDIT
Forgot to add that this is fror a straight once-off payment. If you wanna finance the phone over 24 months, then you will have to wait until the new deals come out on the 7th.
 
Last edited:
What contract did you get them on, and any pay-in?

Just ordered two Galaxy S II's from Autopage this morning for myself and my wife. (I am on Vodacom.) Was a completely routine order. They knew everything about the phone and I just had to sign the order forms. They said one to two weeks for delivery, which in my experience is usual for when I order high end phones.
 
Vodacom SP have stock, and I ordered mine this morning.
Pay-in is R2,299 on a Talk120 contract. Hopefully I will have it in the next week. :D
Finally the wait is over.

Oh dear, they gonna rape me....I'm on a Talk 75. :sick:
 
Vodacom SP have stock, and I ordered mine this morning.
Pay-in is R2,299 on a Talk120 contract. Hopefully I will have it in the next week. :D
Finally the wait is over.

I can't wait either. Upgraded yesterday and have to pay in R2500 for the Talk 120S. I'm so excited!
 
Swift, did you happen to ask how long it takes to be delivered?
Did you get a confirmation SMS to say the upgrade is in progress? I only got an SMS to say that a quote has been generated.
This is the first time I am upgrading via retentions, so not sure of the way it works.

I can't wait either. Upgraded yesterday and have to pay in R2500 for the Talk 120S. I'm so excited!
 
Swift, did you happen to ask how long it takes to be delivered?
Did you get a confirmation SMS to say the upgrade is in progress? I only got an SMS to say that a quote has been generated.
This is the first time I am upgrading via retentions, so not sure of the way it works.


Nope, but my contact said it will be in the week. Yes, I got an SMS immediately saying that the upgrade is in process. A few minutes later I got an SMS saying that I have been invoiced and that delivery will occur shortly. I don't know about you, but I can barely sleep. :)

I'm wondering how much data I will use. I'm thinking of buying a 1.2GB bundle for use over two months. That works out to less than R150 a month.

For those of who with the phone already, are there any decently priced screen protectors and covers for the phone? I don't mind ordering from abroad, as long as it doesn't cost too much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X