Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will check with them on Monday. The delay might be because it is a corporate account.
 
Last edited:
I still have to have mine updated for my corporate discount as well. I will first wait for the phone and then do that.
 
Nope, but my contact said it will be in the week. Yes, I got an SMS immediately saying that the upgrade is in process. A few minutes later I got an SMS saying that I have been invoiced and that delivery will occur shortly. I don't know about you, but I can barely sleep. :)

I'm wondering how much data I will use. I'm thinking of buying a 1.2GB bundle for use over two months. That works out to less than R150 a month.

For those of who with the phone already, are there any decently priced screen protectors and covers for the phone? I don't mind ordering from abroad, as long as it doesn't cost too much.

When I ordered from them last year they also send the "in a week" message and the next day the courier phone me to tell me he is on his way with the phone.
 
I first want to see what the pay-in is if you take it on a TopUp 315 contract....it's normally less than the plain Talk packages.

Then I can buy a data bundle & use the rest for voice.
 
When I ordered from them last year they also send the "in a week" message and the next day the courier phone me to tell me he is on his way with the phone.

That's great news! Do you have a screen protector and case for your phone? If you do, where did you buy it from?

EDIT: I'm thinking of importing the SGP Steinheil Oleophobic Screen Protector. Think i'm going to have to go with eBay as Amazon.com doesn't ship to SA. I just can't wait that long for it from the seller on eBay...
 
Last edited:
What contract did you get them on, and any pay-in?

I am also on Talk75. The pay-in is nasty (cry), but I think still slightly less than for an iPhone. I see it as investing in the next 24 months, to make me feel better.
 
Progress! I phoned a Vodacom store in Gateway, spoke to a very sweet lady who was very helpful. R4100 payin on the Talk 75! (eep) so I think I'll go for the S1 instead.
 
Progress! I phoned a Vodacom store in Gateway, spoke to a very sweet lady who was very helpful. R4100 payin on the Talk 75! (eep) so I think I'll go for the S1 instead.

That's simply insane. You can just as well buy the phone cash then. :(
 
That's simply insane. You can just as well buy the phone cash then. :(

Yeah, I am toying with the idea of getting the Talk 75 with no phone and putting the cash towards bgetting the S2 when a friend comes down from the UK in September. The problem is the warranty. All I need is something to go wrong and then Samsung SA refuses to fix it or something. It's really not worth spending $megacash on or upgrading my contract sicne I barely use my phone for voice or data. I mostly just want a nice toy and the various Google services available to me.

But I don't want an HTC Wildfire or something low end either.
 
I've got the SGS2 and just bought my gf the Galaxy ace.. Not bad, but damn going between the two, I could not settle for any thing less. The SGS2 is just so smooth, fast and crystal clear!
 
Yeah, I am toying with the idea of getting the Talk 75 with no phone and putting the cash towards bgetting the S2 when a friend comes down from the UK in September. The problem is the warranty. All I need is something to go wrong and then Samsung SA refuses to fix it or something. It's really not worth spending $megacash on or upgrading my contract sicne I barely use my phone for voice or data. I mostly just want a nice toy and the various Google services available to me.

Sounds like you will also be better off with a Top-Up contract, then you can convert some of the money to a data bundle and use the rest for voice. (Voice calls on the Top-Up 315 is R1.90 per minute, so you can work out how much you'll have left after purchasing a data bundle).

I really hope we'll get a better deal with a Top-Up contract.
 
Sounds like you will also be better off with a Top-Up contract, then you can convert some of the money to a data bundle and use the rest for voice. (Voice calls on the Top-Up 315 is R1.90 per minute, so you can work out how much you'll have left after purchasing a data bundle).

I really hope we'll get a better deal with a Top-Up contract.

Doubtful, but I'll inquire.
 
Galaxy S II breaks Samsung's records, sells 3 million in 55 days

Unless you were hanging out with the sherpas in the Himalayas you probably must have heard a lot about the Samsung Galaxy S II. To say it was well-received would be an understatement as almost everyone we knew had already got one or was planning on getting one. But now we have the official figures from Samsung and we know just how well they did. Unsurprisingly, they did very well.

The Galaxy S II went on to break Samsung’s own record and sold over three million units in the 55 days since its launch. That’s approximately 50,000 phones a day. According to Samsung, most of these phones were consumed by Europe.
If you think these figures aren’t all that impressive, you should know that the Galaxy S II is yet to go on sale in the US. Had it been international launch, the figures would have been much higher. But even at the rate at which it is currently going, it won’t take long for it to break the 10 million record set by Galaxy S.
 
Last edited:
Would love to know how this compares to iPhone4 sales.
50,000 phones a day is insane.

EDIT:
OMG, 3Mil in just under a month, 1,7Mil in the first weekend for the iPhone4 :eek:
 
Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that vodacom, cellc and virgin mobile can actually answer about contract pricing and the actual release of this phone.

Has anyone gotten any information whatsoever indicating that mtn will release it this month. I know that most of the stores have the galaxy s2 display and actual phone to play around with so no salespeople can say that they don't know about it.

I am really impatient and can't wait to get my hands on one. The only issue is mtn right now.
 
That's great news! Do you have a screen protector and case for your phone? If you do, where did you buy it from?

EDIT: I'm thinking of importing the SGP Steinheil Oleophobic Screen Protector. Think i'm going to have to go with eBay as Amazon.com doesn't ship to SA. I just can't wait that long for it from the seller on eBay...

I ordered my SGP Steinheil Crystal Screen Protector from Gutkoreainc on EBay... that was on 26 May 2011... still havent received anything :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X