OGroteKoning
Honorary Master
Just make sure you use 3.2.5.2 as the 3.2.6.X versions have the screen lock lag.
3.2.6.4 is uploaded - lockscreen issues fixed!! I flashed it 10 seconds ago and will test tonight myself
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Just make sure you use 3.2.5.2 as the 3.2.6.X versions have the screen lock lag.
It's me again!
Same problem with the process.android.acore stopping constantly.
I did a wipe(data factory reset & cache) again last night before flashing the LP7 ROM via ODIN.
I then proceeded to set up the phone with my gmail details before switching it off and into download mode to root it with CF-Root.
Then downloaded Titanium Backup again and started the restore batch process. This time making sure to not include any RED apps. I also unticked apps I did not find necessary anymore(News24, Instagram, etc.) Was about 31 restores in total.
The restore finished and I did a restart of the phone as recommended by Titanium.
Then as soon as the phone comes back on again and I restore my Apex Launcher settings it starts crashing. Can't go into the dialer, contacts, whatsapp and sometimes the applications grid. I can however access Gmail, Ubersocial and the gallery without it crashing immediately.
Also cannot answer any incoming calls. You can see who is phoning and it gives you the "rings" to accept or decline the call but the touchscreen is non-responsive. All the hardware buttons(volume, power, home) are also dead and then it gives the same process.android.acore error.
Eish.
Help please!
Ai tog. I give up.
I somehow managed to stop the "android.process.acore" error from happening by following some advice on a google link. Can't remember it now. But it said the problem has something to do with syncing
It said I must go into Applications -> All, then Force Stop and Clear Data for the following apps/services:
Google Service Framework
Gmail
Contacts
Contacts Storage
It fixed the problem and phone works now. But now my Market keeps crashing and I cannot download apps. Not a train smash but not ideal.
Going to do a full wipe and flash again tonight and not restore anything. Will start from scratch with app data. Pretty sure it will take less time than trying to keep fixing this.
Guys please when posting about your battery time and what not, add a screen shot of your screen on time as well.
Decided to install the generic South African ICS ROM and very pleased with the results so far.
Battery life is great, getting to the point where I only have to charge every second night. Cool bananas.
*The Facebook, Engadget and YouTube apps munch your battery in no time!
![]()
Come back to me when they look like this:
![]()
And what is it like when you actually use your phone? That looks like very light usage ... screen on time can't be more than an hour and phone calls probably also less than an hour...
About 4 hours if I look at call records, Screen brightness is set to 10% and not Auto brightness.
What rom? Modem? Kernel? Governer? Scheduler?
Desire HD(Yes I know not SGS2 but I get similar results on other phones), MIUI ROM, LeonKernel.
Not point in posting other phones' results in this thread.
For the record you are the one that started asking questions, I was merely mocking kingrob's attempt at bragging about light power use![]()
True. I asked.
What kind of benchmarks do you get with the Desire? According to AnTuTu it should be around 3000?
Just some feedback!
All is good now. Re-flashed my ROM and did restoring of apps one by one! No problems anymore!
Thanks for all the help and advice.
Come back to me when they look like this: