Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone interested. Siyah 3.2.7.2 is out. Includes S3 wifi driver. Only tested for 30min but already have improved reception.

Thanks MDE. I downloaded last night, but wanted to find out first if the driver is really improved. I'm heading over to XDA ... :D

EDIT: Some good reviews so far ... methinks me will flash NOW!
 
Last edited:
Got my S2 on Tuesday. Updated to ICS the the same night :D Not that much difference in my opinion. Phone is freaking brill :love: Still running stock because I had lots of issues with my Milestone and custom roms.

I rooted the device yesterday and now I have Market Militia...quite nifty.
 
Sounds like the media scanner is effed..

Did you clean wipe before you installed v2? if not i recommend you do.

Yes I did. Wiped cache and dalvik too, as well as 'fix permissions'.

Oh well, will do some more reading, I don't feel like going back to 1.8! Dammit this need to flash!
 
Is there a way to limit the folders scanned for Media? I'm getting folders with unknown albums with voice prompts from various apps
 
HOLY MOTHER of perl, just out of interest I uninstalled Juice Defender and ran on 3G only today, and this is what my Phone looks like:

yiXbJ.jpg


I think Juice is coming back on as in its downloading (I bought the full version last year)

I'm still waiting for your screen-on-time screen shot... Without that your results are meaningless.
 
I'm still waiting for your screen-on-time screen shot... Without that your results are meaningless.

Kind of hard to do that for 2 reasons.

The ROM showed the Chard time as screen time and I had it on charge after that, but will see what I can do.
 
Ok, I'm gonna be flamed senseless now, but, to me, MIUI icons and interface looks butt-ugly.

I'd rather put on Motoblur before I use that. ;)

/runs

I fully agree...look, its better than stock but still very much prefer CM9.
 
I fully agree...look, its better than stock but still very much prefer CM9.

I actually love just using stock ICS with good ol' Touchwiz.

Still think Samsung could have made the battery icon and text at the top blue, to signify that you're using ICS, but that would be nitpicking.

Just love my Galaxy S2. :love:
 
I actually love just using stock ICS with good ol' Touchwiz.

Still think Samsung could have made the battery icon and text at the top blue, to signify that you're using ICS, but that would be nitpicking.

Just love my Galaxy S2. :love:

Thats why I use ICS Domination on stock rom
 
Something else I did tonight, that I should have done the day I got my Galaxy S2 : I installed the Gingerbread keyboard by Steven Lin on my phone (free in Play store). Now I love my phone even more! :)

It was the first thing I did when I got my HTC Desire HD & Wildfire S, honestly dont know why I didnt do it for my GS2 right away. :confused:

Works 100% with ICS and is so much better than the stock Samsung keyboard!
 
Something else I did tonight, that I should have done the day I got my Galaxy S2 : I installed the Gingerbread keyboard by Steven Lin on my phone (free in Play store). Now I love my phone even more! :)

It was the first thing I did when I got my HTC Desire HD & Wildfire S, honestly dont know why I didnt do it for my GS2 right away. :confused:

Works 100% with ICS and is so much better than the stock Samsung keyboard!

Give swiftkey X a try, I love this keyboard has saved me thousands of characters and predicts very well in eng and afr at the same time.
 
Give swiftkey X a try, I love this keyboard has saved me thousands of characters and predicts very well in eng and afr at the same time.

Think the best two features of the Gingerbread keyboard is that if you select to always hide the settings and untick voice input, it replaces the settings button with a comma button. Pure genius! :)

Also, if you long press the space bar, you get up, down, left and right arrows at the bottom of the keyboard. Now you can quickly navigate to anywhere inside written text. Marvellous!

*To remove the arrows again, long press and swipe all the way down.
 
Try anysoftkeyboard. Also free. Very good layout and awesome features. Comes with arrows.

I tried it, but not a fan of the layout or the blurry keys on the keyboard.

Back on Gingerbread keyboard & not moving again. :)
 
I want to upgrade to ICS from Gingerbread. I have been putting this of but it is now the time.

I see that JKay has the following for ICS:
JKay Deluxe framework files v14.0:
XWLPG, XWLPF, XWLPD, XWLP7, XXLPS

Which one of the above pda version do you suggest I upgrade to? (LPS?)

Thanks for the help. :)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X