Samsung Galaxy S3

This is an Official Samsung JB. After updating the installation process automatically updated or kept my CSC at XFV for South-Africa Vodacom.

Thus the Egypt JB is compatible and is exactly the same as for South-African release, hence the multi-CSC JB.
Will I need to change the CSC afterwards?
Can I flash this ROM without losing all my data and apps?
 
Will I need to change the CSC afterwards?
Can I flash this ROM without losing all my data and apps?

Thats exactly how mine worked. Almost like a Windows upgrade (new OS(JB) but kept all the installations intact):D:D

I flashed the Egypt ROM with Odin3_v3.04, and it kept all my installedd apps and it kept my CSC at XFV(Vodacom).

I did however made a backup of my internal SD-Card.

If you do need to change the CSC it WILL however wipe your internal SD-CARD (Factory reset).

It took met ~2.5minute to upgrade from ICS to JB:D
 
Thanks will have a look on the weekend...

bulkiness is fine in my books...
sweaty fingers make for a tough time picking the phone up off the table

Using the S3 without a cover is asking for trouble. The phone is so slippery to hold.
 
Using the S3 without a cover is asking for trouble. The phone is so slippery to hold.

I don't use any covers with my S3 and I've never had an issue. Just handle it like an egg and don't let others play with it. It's such an attractive device it seems a real shame to fatten it up with a case or cover
 
I don't use any covers with my S3 and I've never had an issue. Just handle it like an egg and don't let others play with it. It's such an attractive device it seems a real shame to fatten it up with a case or cover

My sentiments exactly.
 
I don't use any covers with my S3 and I've never had an issue. Just handle it like an egg and don't let others play with it. It's such an attractive device it seems a real shame to fatten it up with a case or cover

Me too. Took my flip cover off after a while.
 
I don't use any covers with my S3 and I've never had an issue. Just handle it like an egg and don't let others play with it. It's such an attractive device it seems a real shame to fatten it up with a case or cover

+1

The resources spent to get it looking that good and then you make it look like a 6600
 
Thats exactly how mine worked. Almost like a Windows upgrade (new OS(JB) but kept all the installations intact):D:D

I flashed the Egypt ROM with Odin3_v3.04, and it kept all my installedd apps and it kept my CSC at XFV(Vodacom).

I did however made a backup of my internal SD-Card.

If you do need to change the CSC it WILL however wipe your internal SD-CARD (Factory reset).

It took met ~2.5minute to upgrade from ICS to JB:D

Ok I know i am the millionth person who ask dumb questions but new to android thus don't know...

Should I wait for vodacom to release JB in 2016 or can I continue to do this, and will I receive updates again in future?

What steps should I follow? Don't know about odin or CSC etc etc
 
Hi
Guys quick question. My phone is currently rooted, Clock Work Mod is installed. I made a "nandroid" backup of my factory OS. I installed CM10, but decided to go back to the factory ROM, using the recovery option in CWM. Everything went fine its how the phone was when it was new. The phone is obviously still rooted and still has CWM on. The main reason I rooted was so that I could block apps that where chowing my 3G

My question is will the ROOT or Clock Work Mod prevent my phone from upgrading to Jellybean when the official SA version comes out via Kies or OTA.
 
Last edited:
I don't use any covers with my S3 and I've never had an issue. Just handle it like an egg and don't let others play with it. It's such an attractive device it seems a real shame to fatten it up with a case or cover

Way too slim for me so I am quite happy to increase it's size with a cover. I have never been a fan of ultra slim phones though, they are not comfortable to hold, in my opinion.
 
Way too slim for me so I am quite happy to increase it's size with a cover. I have never been a fan of ultra slim phones though, they are not comfortable to hold, in my opinion.

+1. The phone actually feels uncomfortable without a cover. It feels like it is going to slip out of my hand and smash on the floor. Whilst I agree the design is beautiful, I would rather have a safe functioning device in a cover than a gorgeous looking brick :D
 
Hi
Guys quick question. My phone is currently rooted, Clock Work Mod is installed. I made a "nandroid" backup of my factory OS. I installed CM10, but decided to go back to the factory ROM, using the recovery option in CWM. Everything went fine its how the phone was when it was new. The phone is obviously still rooted and still has CWM on. The main reason I rooted was so that I could block apps that where chowing my 3G

My question is will the ROOT or Clock Work Mod prevent my phone from upgrading to Jellybean when the official SA version comes out via Kies or OTA.

If you ROOT it will prevent you from receiving updates via Kies and OTA:mad:, BUT.....:D you can unroot as in this web page stated http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...=1#post9266230
or you can download the firmware and upgrade via Odin when released. :D

Use the webpage http://www.samfirmware.com/ to look for new firmware, download and flash via odin.

Done:D:D
 
Ok I know i am the millionth person who ask dumb questions but new to android thus don't know...

Should I wait for vodacom to release JB in 2016 or can I continue to do this, and will I receive updates again in future?

What steps should I follow? Don't know about odin or CSC etc etc

I think if youre unfamilair with android, boot loader, Odin then it's safer to wait. If you are a bit computer literate use google to find many pages on rooting, upgrading, flashing new ROM then give it a go, BUT be carefull because you can brick your phone. So if unsure please wait for official update.

If you are brave the follow this post http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...ybean-Update?p=9266218&viewfull=1#post9266218 and in the link in step 3) there is a step by step description of what to do with pictures.
 
Last edited:
+1. The phone actually feels uncomfortable without a cover. It feels like it is going to slip out of my hand and smash on the floor. Whilst I agree the design is beautiful, I would rather have a safe functioning device in a cover than a gorgeous looking brick :D
+2. One innocuous little drop from knee height and an R1800 screen replacement later, I am now using a soft plastic cover. Not sure whether it will completely safeguard this fragile piece of glass, but at least it makes it easier to grip.
 
Cell Reception

I've always had poor cellphone reception at my house, but since upgrading from the S1 to the S3, it seems I'm getting even less signal here.

I'm still running the stock ICS ROM on the S3 (whereas the S1 had CM9 installed). Has anyone noticed an improvement in reception after upgrading from the stock ROM, or could there be something wrong with my antenna?
 
I've always had poor cellphone reception at my house, but since upgrading from the S1 to the S3, it seems I'm getting even less signal here.

I'm still running the stock ICS ROM on the S3 (whereas the S1 had CM9 installed). Has anyone noticed an improvement in reception after upgrading from the stock ROM, or could there be something wrong with my antenna?

I get pretty much ZERO signal at my office. Most annoying thing ever, but this area is particularly bad.
 
I am sitting on 19% signal strength (MTN) in the middle of Sandton although my tab (Cell C) which is also on JB is sitting on 40% signal.

Doesn't look like signal strength is one of it's strong points.
 
Hi guys.. I need help with my S3... I get annoying notifications and pop ups on my top bar..notifications of games to download at the play store.. The notifications are shown in the form of green bots, stars, circles, etc.. Is it a virus? How do i get rid of it? Any advice will be appreciated
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X