Samsung Galaxy S3

After activating google now my battery was the same. Google Now is pretty cool though I recommend it for sure.
 
Just remember that when using google now all your activity is avialable at the Google server.

BIG security issues, risks. ..........

Also remember when doing phone banking that the standard google keyboard captures the keystrokes.

All of this makes you think???
 
Just remember that when using google now all your activity is avialable at the Google server.

BIG security issues, risks. ..........

Also remember when doing phone banking that the standard google keyboard captures the keystrokes.

All of this makes you think???

Source?

Standard Android keyboard?
 
Just remember that when using google now all your activity is avialable at the Google server.

BIG security issues, risks. ..........

Also remember when doing phone banking that the standard google keyboard captures the keystrokes.

All of this makes you think???

Perhaps I would if I used it but at the moment I can't fathom the huge benefit of it. They mention updates of the latest sports scores of your fave teams but none of mine appear on there. They talk of getting updates of the times of the next train arriving but I do not travel on the underground. They talk about it advising me of my travel time to work but I do not work from a set office or at a set time.

Could someone mention a real life scenario in SA where they have really been wowed by Google Now?
 
My Google Now gives me weather once a day. Whoop-dee-doo.

I also had ManU scores at some point but they just stopped for some reason. And for some reason I get traffic reports on a daily basis for the shops up the road. It alerts me to traffic between my house and the Pick N Pay one kilometer up the road from my house. But nothing while I'm actually on my way to an office I go to twice or three times a week...
 
My Google Now gives me weather once a day. Whoop-dee-doo.

I also had ManU scores at some point but they just stopped for some reason. And for some reason I get traffic reports on a daily basis for the shops up the road. It alerts me to traffic between my house and the Pick N Pay one kilometer up the road from my house. But nothing while I'm actually on my way to an office I go to twice or three times a week...

^^
My experience with Google Now has been this.

Still waiting for alerts other than traffic home from work and the weather...
 
Perhaps I would if I used it but at the moment I can't fathom the huge benefit of it. They mention updates of the latest sports scores of your fave teams but none of mine appear on there. They talk of getting updates of the times of the next train arriving but I do not travel on the underground. They talk about it advising me of my travel time to work but I do not work from a set office or at a set time.

Could someone mention a real life scenario in SA where they have really been wowed by Google Now?

If you setup Latitude/Local to track your location history it will figure out where home and work is, or you can set it -> the option is there.
 
Just remember that when using google now all your activity is avialable at the Google server.

BIG security issues, risks. ..........

Also remember when doing phone banking that the standard google keyboard captures the keystrokes.

All of this makes you think???

Dude if you gonna be paranoid like this, you actually need to live off the grid. No banks, cell phones, computers and no going outside without a disguise. Cause I got news for you, your info is already on a bunch of servers in more than one country. Dont believe me go do a Trans-union report on yourself.
 
I just got this phone second hand yesterday. However there were 2 chargers in the box. Both say samsung and both are 5v but one is 750mA the other is 1A :wtf: which is the right one? or was there supposed to be 2 in the box?
 
I just got this phone second hand yesterday. However there were 2 chargers in the box. Both say samsung and both are 5v but one is 750mA the other is 1A :wtf: which is the right one? or was there supposed to be 2 in the box?

Definitely not supposed to be 2 chargers in the box.
 
Just remember that when using google now all your activity is avialable at the Google server.

BIG security issues, risks. ..........

Also remember when doing phone banking that the standard google keyboard captures the keystrokes.

All of this makes you think???

Without Google Now, Google already has, officially or unofficially:
* Your email
* Your apps
* Your location, current and past
* Your home address
* What your home address looks like
* Pretty much all your web activity through Google Analytics
* The whole operating system on your device

If Google went evil, your phone banking would be the least of your worries.

And... they have more than one server :)
 
Perhaps I would if I used it but at the moment I can't fathom the huge benefit of it. They mention updates of the latest sports scores of your fave teams but none of mine appear on there. They talk of getting updates of the times of the next train arriving but I do not travel on the underground. They talk about it advising me of my travel time to work but I do not work from a set office or at a set time.

Could someone mention a real life scenario in SA where they have really been wowed by Google Now?

Maybe you need to get a Nokia 3310?

Google now has worked from day 1 telling me traffic to work and back, showing me that it's going to rain later. Even picked up a new restaurant close to work which I did not know about...

Don't buy a supercar if you don't intend to use it for its power :)
 
Really? So because we don't all have the same needs for a phone you feel the need to get cocky about it? I gave my reasons for seeing little benefit of it.

I stated that I do not have set times and an office to go to on a regular basis for work so that part is of little to no benefit to me. When I am going to see a client if I really have the need to see what the traffic is like en route my navigation app will tell me that, although I usually don't bother as I just live with the traffic.

And I'd be interested in how accurate those forecasts of rain are. I have a number of weather apps and they each often tell you something totally different. If it is going to rain then it is going to rain, nothing much I can do about it.

As for the restaurant advice, that is cute but unless I was actively looking for a restaurant it'd be more of an annoyance to me than anything else. If I was actively looking for a restaurant I'd use Google Maps, or the same navigation app mentioned above, to find me one.

Anyway, I was hoping to be convinced about the greatness of Google Now but those examples still do little to achieve that. I use my supercar for it's power but I am not a fan of the little beeper that constantly reminds me of the many things I might forget... that is a better analogy.
 
Sorry wasn't trying to be a smart ass - had my tongue in my cheek

I understand your point was just saying maybe you don't need an expensive phone as s3 as it might not suit your needs.
 
Sorry wasn't trying to be a smart ass - had my tongue in my cheek

I understand your point was just saying maybe you don't need an expensive phone as s3 as it might not suit your needs.

No worries, I initially thought it might be in jest but you never know :) I've tried Google Now twice (for a few days only) but it just never seemed worthwhile as no one has mentioned anything I'd really find of value. Suppose I might be more of a "speak when you are spoken to" type when it comes to my phone ;)
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X