Samsung Galaxy S3

Need some advice here. Since flashing CM10.1 I've noticed inordinate battery drain. Had a look at why and this is what it shows:

shot_000003.png

shot_000004.png

shot_000006.png

shot_000005.png


Any ideas what this is and how I can adjust the settings correctly?
 
I once flashed the wrong version and my cellular connections wouldn't work. Flashes a different version of the modem, methinks...
 
I once flashed the wrong version and my cellular connections wouldn't work. Flashes a different version of the modem, methinks...

There is a XFV version available to download as well. How do I tell what I currently have?
 
Well that would then be the one that's NOT available to download :(

I really can't remember which version I downloaded that didn't work with my S3 and I also bought mine overseas, not locally. So I can't be too sure what to recommend necessarily. What I do know is that flashing the wrong ROM won't harm your phone though. If it is the wrong version then simply flash a new ROM...
 
Need some advice here. Since flashing CM10.1 I've noticed inordinate battery drain. Had a look at why and this is what it shows:

shot_000003.png

shot_000004.png

shot_000006.png

shot_000005.png


Any ideas what this is and how I can adjust the settings correctly?

No idea if any settings would change the battery drain you are experiencing. The thing to remember though is that CM10.1 is still only experimental nightly builds - so strange / unexpected behavior is par for the course.
 
No idea if any settings would change the battery drain you are experiencing. The thing to remember though is that CM10.1 is still only experimental nightly builds - so strange / unexpected behavior is par for the course.

Understandable, but these appear to be Google services that are draining battery. If it is Google Now then I'm happy to switch it off. If it is sync then I need to find a way to schedule sync properly as it seems pointless for google to be constantly syncing my contacts and bookmarks...
 
Ok I see that kies, tells me that I am on XFA and that I am on the latest XFA (4.1.1) :(

I'm not 100% sure about this but I do believe that you can download any of the international releases and they will operate just fine. There is no advantage to downloading a custom SA ROM to the best of my knowledge. The US ROMS are the ones you need to steer clear of iirc...
 
Understandable, but these appear to be Google services that are draining battery. If it is Google Now then I'm happy to switch it off. If it is sync then I need to find a way to schedule sync properly as it seems pointless for google to be constantly syncing my contacts and bookmarks...


Install bbs. Charge to 100% before going to bed. Leave untouched and unplugged for the whole night. Send screenshots and or log, or diy by reading the BBS xda wiki.
 
Install bbs. Charge to 100% before going to bed. Leave untouched and unplugged for the whole night. Send screenshots and or log, or diy by reading the BBS xda wiki.

Okay installed BBS. Will post results tomorrow...
 
What happens if you flash XFE and I'm on Vodacom? I have downloaded it already.

Nothing should happen. I have already installed the Egypt ROM. As long as they are all on the same CSC, which they are, then nothing is different.

I'm also on Vodacom (XFV) even though I have flashed the Egypt (EGY) rom the Vodacom logo still shows on my phone.

For that matter you can also flash the Pakinstan (PAK) rom.

I do however use Odin to flash
 
Last edited:
There is a XFV version available to download as well. How do I tell what I currently have?

Esiast is to look at the box the S3 came in. On the side of the box there is a sticker that says, XFV, XFE, XFM ......
 
I really can't remember which version I downloaded that didn't work with my S3 and I also bought mine overseas, not locally. So I can't be too sure what to recommend necessarily. What I do know is that flashing the wrong ROM won't harm your phone though. If it is the wrong version then simply flash a new ROM...

Best bet is to look at the box the S3 came in. On the side of the box there is a sticker that'l tell you.
 
I'm not 100% sure about this but I do believe that you can download any of the international releases and they will operate just fine. There is no advantage to downloading a custom SA ROM to the best of my knowledge. The US ROMS are the ones you need to steer clear of iirc...

True as long as you stay within the same CSC. If not then you will loose your data if you want to use KIES. Otherwise everything you say are true.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X