Samsung Galaxy S3

Sorry, but you must have had a dud unit then. Coming from the iPhone 4 and 4s I can confidently say that is a load of horse manure. The responsiveness is on par if not better than the iPhone. And laggy? :wtf: I would recommend trying someone else's unit. :p

hehe, someone will test it shortly, no doubt.

You can always download the stock official VC firmware you originally had from http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9300&pcode=XFV&os=1&type=1#firmware and reflash it back onto the phone and test it out

Keen to do this over the weekend when I have a sober moment.
 
bought a proper micro sim as my phone kept dropping connection at home(formerly home cut sim) no difference so far that i can notice.
Any one had any luck filling the form on the cell c website where you can choose if its slow speeds etc.

Forgot i had the avast security app on my phone, changed the sim in the shop and phone started blaring "this phone is stolen" :p
 
Last edited:
Change CSC

Type *#272*Device IMEI# at Phone dial pad.
Select the CSC that you want (XFA is what you want, the current one will be XFV)
Click Install.
Phone will be rebooted by itself.
That’s all.

Note – This will factory reset your phone. Everything will be deleted. Do backup before perform this task.

I totally skimmed over the fact that it will reset my phone. What a massive inconvenience - but I've only got myself to blame.

I haven't rooted my Vodacom branded phone and I can confirm that the method did not work. What a pity...

Edit: It half worked! The stupid Vodacom images still appear when booting or shutting down, but I finally received the system update that adds the brightness slider to the notification tray. I've been wanting that for ages - totally worth it.
 
Last edited:
I totally skimmed over the fact that it will reset my phone. What a massive inconvenience - but I've only got myself to blame.

I haven't rooted my Vodacom branded phone and I can confirm that the method did not work. What a pity...

Ah. Well thank you for the knowledge. So will have to flash with Odin first.
 
... Well since I've paid for a 'dealer' subs I might as well punt it...
I can get you guys the Pebble Blue, or Marble White S3 at a reasonable price...
How does R5900 sound?
 
... Well since I've paid for a 'dealer' subs I might as well punt it...
I can get you guys the Pebble Blue, or Marble White S3 at a reasonable price...
How does R5900 sound?


Pity you only say this now.

You would have had a sale with me
 
... Well since I've paid for a 'dealer' subs I might as well punt it...
I can get you guys the Pebble Blue, or Marble White S3 at a reasonable price...
How does R5900 sound?

Very good price. Is this for the 16GB or 32GB?
 
I got my phone early in July and it was running smoothly however in the last week when the battery gets to a low level it starts to freeze and then restarts automatically.
Only have about 30 apps and the phone is still stock, anyone else having this issue?
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X