Samsung Galaxy S3

I can upload locally or to rapidshare if anyone wants. I have a premium RS account, but if you want it locally, I'll need to be given the details of some space to upload it to.
 
I can upload locally or to rapidshare if anyone wants. I have a premium RS account, but if you want it locally, I'll need to be given the details of some space to upload it to.

Anywhere is fine for me. Uncapped at home and fiber at work. Even fiber crawled with the download.
 
This link working. Happily download at home while i am still sitting in traffic. Thanks for the help guys!

Same one I used to flash.

Restored my apps and everything running nice.
Trying to get used to TouchWiz. Think Nova may be on it shortly. Will give it time though.

If you on a rooted ROM already, use Mobile Odin to flash and you will keep root. Need to flash CF Root again anyway though to get CWM back ):

EDIT: CF Root flashed via Mobile Odin (extract .tar). Phone rocking on JB leak Sep 03 now with CWM and full root - and apps/data restored. Life is good :)
 
Last edited:
Well loving CM10 so far. Can't remember the last time a ROM impressed me so much.
 
How bad is the memory leak?

Not so bad on last 2 releases, but still annoying.
I used to reboot on average twice a day, but once on last 2.
I did find on the latest nightly I was starting to have random WiFi issues.

I am on the 3 Sep leak at the mo and preferring it to the current CM10. I will end up back on CM10 though as I have always preferred CM ROMS over others.
 
How bad is the memory leak?

I reboot once a day and in so doing I have never ran in to issues! This ROM is amazingly fast and it's CM so totally worth it for me... Besides I can't stomach the Samsung stock ROMs.... Even with the small issues vanilla Android beats Touch Wiz any day.
 
I reboot once a day and in so doing I have never ran in to issues! This ROM is amazingly fast and it's CM so totally worth it for me... Besides I can't stomach the Samsung stock ROMs.... Even with the small issues vanilla Android beats Touch Wiz any day.

Excellent - CM10 it is then! :D
 
I reboot once a day and in so doing I have never ran in to issues! This ROM is amazingly fast and it's CM so totally worth it for me... Besides I can't stomach the Samsung stock ROMs.... Even with the small issues vanilla Android beats Touch Wiz any day.

Would you mind giving the reasons behind your opinion that vanilla is better than TouchWiz? I've only ever run stock ICS and JB on my S3 and I love the UI. What am I missing out on? Thanks.
 
Beware the ****ty camera on cm vs stock. Besides that and the memory leak it's gold

And I see not all of the Trebuchet settings have been ported to CM10 yet... I'll give Apex a go.


For those running CM10 - what modem are you using?
 
Would you mind giving the reasons behind your opinion that vanilla is better than TouchWiz? I've only ever run stock ICS and JB on my S3 and I love the UI. What am I missing out on? Thanks.

I don't think it's a case of missing out on anything. It's more different folks, different strokes. I've tried some of the modded roms, none of them impressed me. In fact I felt they gave more issues and hassles (always something not working like the camera or FM radio or similar types issues) while the stocks have personally given me best performance, reliability and battery life. Some will agree, some won't. Bottom line is, it's my preference and I'm happy with that.
 
I don't think it's a case of missing out on anything. It's more different folks, different strokes. I've tried some of the modded roms, none of them impressed me. In fact I felt they gave more issues and hassles (always something not working like the camera or FM radio or similar types issues) while the stocks have personally given me best performance, reliability and battery life. Some will agree, some won't. Bottom line is, it's my preference and I'm happy with that.

I agree. The custom ROMs are nice but there's always something you end up discovering that doesn't work correctly. For me the HDMI cable output isn't supported on CM. As far as performance goes, since updating my stock ROM to XXBLH1 it's been seriously fast so I don't exactly feel like I'm missing out on anything.
 
Upgrading in 2 weeks, can't wait to get my S3!

it's a good thing :)

I agree. The custom ROMs are nice but there's always something you end up discovering that doesn't work correctly. For me the HDMI cable output isn't supported on CM. As far as performance goes, since updating my stock ROM to XXBLH1 it's been seriously fast so I don't exactly feel like I'm missing out on anything.

yeah, I think that's also what makes the whole android thing so much nicer (than ? hehe), there's a lot of choice, lot of mods, lots of options...it's cool, can be overwhelming, but once you get to know your way around, you can really make your device your own, and that too is a good thing :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X