Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung Galaxy Ace. All my contacts and calendar entries synced to my S3 within minutes of setting it up. Samsung has impressed me greatly with their phones.

It would have synced to any Android phone just as easily... Google takes care of that for you... :)
 
It would have synced to any Android phone just as easily... Google takes care of that for you... :)

Yeah that's a feature of the platform not the manufacturer. Though I'd caution S3 owners to make sure their S Calendar syncs with Google otherwise you'll lose everything if you root.
 
All the earlier talk of Google Voice, does this use more data than typing in search requests? And Google Now, does it also eat data deciding what you need?
 
All the earlier talk of Google Voice, does this use more data than typing in search requests? And Google Now, does it also eat data deciding what you need?

Probably, but you can check by performing the action after noting where your data use is or resetting it beforehand. Jelly Bean has offline voice recognition, so I'm hoping that voice searches use the same data as textual ones.
 
Based on the pics they posted there it looks identical to what I'm running at the moment which is 4.04. I was expecting to see more of a difference...:confused:

It is so freaking smooth it is almost unbelievable.
TW has also been updated a fair amount. First time ever that I have stuck to the stock launcher after a flash.
 
Hey guys, need assistance please.

How do I make Internet the default browser when opening attachments? Somehow someone had to click on Opera Mini and 'do not show again'... Now I am stuck with the forever slow browser.

Thanks.
 
Hey guys, need assistance please.

How do I make Internet the default browser when opening attachments? Somehow someone had to click on Opera Mini and 'do not show again'... Now I am stuck with the forever slow browser.

Thanks.

System Settings - Applications Manager - select "Opera" - select "Clear Defaults"

Now use TB and freeze that evil app so it never bothers you again ;)
 
System Settings - Applications Manager - select "Opera" - select "Clear Defaults"

Now use TB and freeze that evil app so it never bothers you again ;)

Hey it worked!!!!!!
Internet set as default. You just saved me 30 seconds per link...x 5 links per day..a lot of minutes of my life I get back.
Thanks,
 
Hey it worked!!!!!!
Internet set as default. You just saved me 30 seconds per link...x 5 links per day..a lot of minutes of my life I get back.
Thanks,

Pleasure, now download Chrome from the Play Store and set that as the default rather ;)
Enjoy
 
So loading this jelly bean, do I loose anything or must I make a backup etc of my apps etc
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X