Samsung Galaxy S3

Since rooting my phone, I can't download anything from the Play store. Is this normal? I can browse and get to the accept and download page but then it appears to start the download but never goes through with it. I can download from the Samsung Apps store but I've noticed that I have to log in each and every time. It remembers my login email but not my password - not sure of this is related?

Any help would be appreciated...
 
Since rooting my phone, I can't download anything from the Play store. Is this normal? I can browse and get to the accept and download page but then it appears to start the download but never goes through with it. I can download from the Samsung Apps store but I've noticed that I have to log in each and every time. It remembers my login email but not my password - not sure of this is related?

Any help would be appreciated...

Never experienced this. It is not normal at all. Whether it's related to the rooting, I don't know.

What have your done to your phone? Was it all running fine, you've simply rooted ONLY and now it does this?
What root method and files did you use?
 
Since rooting my phone, I can't download anything from the Play store. Is this normal? I can browse and get to the accept and download page but then it appears to start the download but never goes through with it. I can download from the Samsung Apps store but I've noticed that I have to log in each and every time. It remembers my login email but not my password - not sure of this is related?

Any help would be appreciated...

Have you tried running fix permissions from CWM?
Also make sure you install the correct version of Google Apps. Or try reinstalling it maybe.
I've had issues with the play store not connecting and fixed it by getting another version of Google Apps (can't remember the details though)
 
Since rooting my phone, I can't download anything from the Play store. Is this normal? I can browse and get to the accept and download page but then it appears to start the download but never goes through with it. I can download from the Samsung Apps store but I've noticed that I have to log in each and every time. It remembers my login email but not my password - not sure of this is related?

Any help would be appreciated...

Just clear play store cache. And download manager cache. Reboot.

There are variants to this method. Ask Google. Its a fix for various market related issues
 
Not sure what the fix permission from CWN is though...:confused:


If you boot into recovery (I'm assuming here you have ClockWorkMod on, if not, Google how to install it, it's easy using the Odin method).
Anyway, booting into recovery will get you into ClockworkMod, there should then be an option to "Fix Permissions". It just goes through your entire device and fixes and file/folder permissions. Not sure if it's that though, but could be that the app doesn't have permissions on the file system so it's not saving your login info.

EDIT: As others have mentioned, I think it's more a cache issue though.
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
Cleared the cache and rebooted but the same issue persists. Unfortunately much of what was said was a little greek to me so I'm going to google what I don't understand and try a few of the other methods suggested. I don't know how to uninstall Google Play as the only options it gives me in the App Manager is to force stop, uninstall updates, clear data and clear cache...
 
You know what, I'm rather going to hold off for a few days on fixing this issue as it's not all that important. I'll rather go with a custom JB ROM in a few days' time - that should hopefully sort out the issues.

BTW, do I need to root the phone again after a new ROM? I'm assuming so...
 
BTW, do I need to root the phone again after a new ROM? I'm assuming so...

As far as I know most custom ROMS are rooted already. If you install any of the official ROM you'll obviously have to reroot.
 
You know what, I'm rather going to hold off for a few days on fixing this issue as it's not all that important. I'll rather go with a custom JB ROM in a few days' time - that should hopefully sort out the issues.

BTW, do I need to root the phone again after a new ROM? I'm assuming so...

As others have said - most custom ROMs are pre-rooted for you.
 
Played with 2 S3's at incredible today and noticed the one was really smooth whilst the other choppy flicking between windows like the apps menu. Mine is also choppy compared to the smooth device. Anyone else noticed this. How does one fix this?
 
Played with 2 S3's at incredible today and noticed the one was really smooth whilst the other choppy flicking between windows like the apps menu. Mine is also choppy compared to the smooth device. Anyone else noticed this. How does one fix this?

S-voice is activated when you double push the home button. If you deactivate this, you should see improved performance.

Otherwise, could be something thats running - but cant be sure.
 
Played with 2 S3's at incredible today and noticed the one was really smooth whilst the other choppy flicking between windows like the apps menu. Mine is also choppy compared to the smooth device. Anyone else noticed this. How does one fix this?

Is the one not on power saving mode? I have noticed it makes a slight diff.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X