Samsung Galaxy S3

Thanks, my point exactly ;)

I'm in a syndicate with a couple mates, we have premium accounts for 8 file sharing sites. I've never torrented a thing in my life. We renew generally for 12 months at a time with each one. We've still got a HF & FS account that were renewed just before the big changes in Jan. Don't get to use them much though. We won't renew these ones when they come to an end in a month or two.
I've got a 10mb line, an unshaped account and lots of disk space, I download everything that interests me:)

While I understand you're still excited about flashing for the first time a couple of days ago and still learning the difference between your Vodacom handset and the international version, if you're going to advise people to just flash the latest leak, you should mention the reality of voiding warranty on their handsets too. While this doesn't concern me, another s3 owners may have issue with it.
 
Oh my.. LI4 is awesome. I can't believe how the leaks have improved up until this point.
I am typically a CM fan, but JB Stock + TouchWiz has me rethinking my position.
 
Thanks, my point exactly ;)

I'm in a syndicate with a couple mates, we have premium accounts for 8 file sharing sites. I've never torrented a thing in my life. We renew generally for 12 months at a time with each one. We've still got a HF & FS account that were renewed just before the big changes in Jan. Don't get to use them much though. We won't renew these ones when they come to an end in a month or two.
I've got a 10mb line, an unshaped account and lots of disk space, I download everything that interests me:)

While I understand you're still excited about flashing for the first time a couple of days ago and still learning the difference between your Vodacom handset and the international version, if you're going to advise people to just flash the latest leak, you should mention the reality of voiding warranty on their handsets too. While this doesn't concern me, another s3 owners may have issue with it.

If there is a need to make use of a warranty, can't you just remove CWM, factory reset and flash the latest public firmware?

What difference is there between the Vodacom branded firmware and the international firmware, other than a few logos and wallpapers?
 
Got my S3 in Pebble Blue from Incredible Connection on Friday.

I had one one on order from FNB for R295pm, but Incredible had them on special for R299pm on Vodacom Smart Lite.

Cancelled FNB order there and then.

Very happy with it!!
 
Oh my.. LI4 is awesome. I can't believe how the leaks have improved up until this point.
I am typically a CM fan, but JB Stock + TouchWiz has me rethinking my position.

nice, look forward to using JB. The rumor is LI7 is going to be the official release, but don't know who comes up with that? :)

Got my S3 in Pebble Blue from Incredible Connection on Friday.

I had one one on order from FNB for R295pm, but Incredible had them on special for R299pm on Vodacom Smart Lite.

Cancelled FNB order there and then.

Very happy with it!!

Congrats! Awesome phone in an awesome colour! I had a white one which my wife liked so she bought a blue one, gave it to me and she took the white. I prefer the blue ;) Enjoy it!
 
nice, look forward to using JB. The rumor is LI7 is going to be the official release, but don't know who comes up with that? :)

I also wondered the same thing. I will be bummed if it is true though. Loving the constant leaks. Looks after my flashing OCD nicely :D

LI5 is out now. Just waiting for an ODIN release then I can put M/Odin to work again.
 
I also wondered the same thing. I will be bummed if it is true though. Loving the constant leaks. Looks after my flashing OCD nicely :D

LI5 is out now. Just waiting for an ODIN release then I can put M/Odin to work again.

Where is LI5? LI4 is the latest I see on sammobile and the xda forum.
 
Can anyone please give me a link to the latest official S3 ICS rom that I can install with Odin?
I installed the newest leaked JB, but now my whatsapp does not work on wifi....want to revert to standard and will wait for official JB release.
Thanks.
 
Can anyone please give me a link to the latest official S3 ICS rom that I can install with Odin?
I installed the newest leaked JB, but now my whatsapp does not work on wifi....want to revert to standard and will wait for official JB release.
Thanks.

v4.0.4 ICS, generic ZA file from June 2012
For Vodacom or MTN or whatever, you can find it from the same site, just change the drop down options to suit your preference.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9300&pcode=XFA&os=1&type=1#firmware
 
Can anyone please give me a link to the latest official S3 ICS rom that I can install with Odin?
I installed the newest leaked JB, but now my whatsapp does not work on wifi....want to revert to standard and will wait for official JB release.
Thanks.

Did you do a full wipe after flashing?

I have used all the leaks and all apps work - including whatspp. It is not the leak at fault here.
 
Did you do a full wipe after flashing?

I have used all the leaks and all apps work - including whatspp. It is not the leak at fault here.

I did do a full wipe after, yes. Everything works fine, just whatsapp that doesn't want to work over wifi....works perfectly on mobile data. My wifi/internet works perfectly as well and it all worked well before JB. I googled and there are others with the same issue, but I couldn't find a fix.
 
nice, look forward to using JB. The rumor is LI7 is going to be the official release, but don't know who comes up with that? :)



Congrats! Awesome phone in an awesome colour! I had a white one which my wife liked so she bought a blue one, gave it to me and she took the white. I prefer the blue ;) Enjoy it!

My wife also has a white one. I think Pebble Blue looks much nicer.
 
Got my pebble blue S3 yesterday! Awesome phone!
What custom ROM (Android 4.1.1) do you guys recommend I try out?

Nice dude. Awesome looking phone that.
My mates girlfriend got the pebble blue one on Thu. At lunch with them on Sat I tried multiple times to convince her that my white one would suit her better and she should swap with me. I failed though :rolleyes:

The best JB ROM out at the mo is the official leak LI5. It is seriously nice.
 
Nice dude. Awesome looking phone that.
My mates girlfriend got the pebble blue one on Thu. At lunch with them on Sat I tried multiple times to convince her that my white one would suit her better and she should swap with me. I failed though :rolleyes:

The best JB ROM out at the mo is the official leak LI5. It is seriously nice.

The blue one is indeed a better color in my opinion, glad I went for it though!
I'll have a look on the xda-forum then thanks!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X