Samsung Galaxy S3

Anyone using Nova Launcher on the latest LI5 leak?
Nova Prime is my beloved launcher and I'm keen to try one of these leaks if I know the launcher is working fine.
 
hi,

I have a wifi connection at work and used to be able to do whatsapp and facebook on this wifi.... Since last week it just doesnt work anymore.... Any ideas or is it the IT dudes that bowling us out now??
 
hi,

I have a wifi connection at work and used to be able to do whatsapp and facebook on this wifi.... Since last week it just doesnt work anymore.... Any ideas or is it the IT dudes that bowling us out now??

They probably set up an Internet proxy for the network. If you can get the proxy ip from the tech department you can input those details by yhe wifi advanced setup area on your phone.
 
I'm due for an upgrade now. Thinking of getting the S3... currently have a Nokia N8... should I get the S3 or wait for the new PureView series?
 
Would someone be so kind as to post a "How to root for dummies thread" :0

I have googled it, watched a number of you tube vids and all seem to use different methods. I have downloaded and installed Kies, downloaded Odin3 v1.85 and whilst I am understanding what to do, I am missing one step where you click on PDA, I don't understand what file needs to be selected. The vid I watched only mentioned downloading Odin, no other files, so not sure, but I see the one vid he selects a .tar file and the other a CF-SG3-CWM file. Juts a bit confused.
 
Would someone be so kind as to post a "How to root for dummies thread" :0

I have googled it, watched a number of you tube vids and all seem to use different methods. I have downloaded and installed Kies, downloaded Odin3 v1.85 and whilst I am understanding what to do, I am missing one step where you click on PDA, I don't understand what file needs to be selected. The vid I watched only mentioned downloading Odin, no other files, so not sure, but I see the one vid he selects a .tar file and the other a CF-SG3-CWM file. Juts a bit confused.

1. Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238 and download the CF Root ZIP.
2. Extract the zip. You will have a .tar file now.
3. Load into PDA. Don't change anything else in Odin.
4. Flash and enjoy :)

EDIT: in case you are feeling lazy, here is the direct link to the download.
http://download.chainfire.eu/196/CF-Root/SGS3/CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip?retrieve_file=1

EDIT2: PM me and I will respond with email addy in the event you feel you need a bit of hand holding through flashing either this or future ROMS. I do this for quite a few peeps so no issue with it.
 
Last edited:
1. Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238 and download the CF Root ZIP.
2. Extract the zip. You will have a .tar file now.
3. Load into PDA. Don't change anything else in Odin.
4. Flash and enjoy :)

EDIT: in case you are feeling lazy, here is the direct link to the download.
http://download.chainfire.eu/196/CF-Root/SGS3/CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip?retrieve_file=1

EDIT2: PM me and I will respond with email addy in the event you feel you need a bit of hand holding through flashing either this or future ROMS. I do this for quite a few peeps so no issue with it.

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated!
 
Would someone be so kind as to post a "How to root for dummies thread" :0

I have googled it, watched a number of you tube vids and all seem to use different methods. I have downloaded and installed Kies, downloaded Odin3 v1.85 and whilst I am understanding what to do, I am missing one step where you click on PDA, I don't understand what file needs to be selected. The vid I watched only mentioned downloading Odin, no other files, so not sure, but I see the one vid he selects a .tar file and the other a CF-SG3-CWM file. Juts a bit confused.

You are on the right track. Just open Odin and you will see the PDA section where you will select the file.
 
MY S3 is rooted....

How can i get this wifi to work again? What does proxydroid do?

Thanks

It sets a global proxy, as opposed to the browser proxy that may or may not be seen by apps, e.g. Facebook would work but not tappatalk.

You can bind the proxy settings to an ssid, so that proxy droid automatically activates when you connect to a specified network.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X