Samsung Galaxy S3

It sets a global proxy, as opposed to the browser proxy that may or may not be seen by apps, e.g. Facebook would work but not tappatalk.

You can bind the proxy settings to an ssid, so that proxy droid automatically activates when you connect to a specified network.

Sorry to sound stupid but i am new to this....

Can you please help me?
 
Hi guys,
I'm on Autopage and due for an upgrade... On my contract the S3 will be R455 a month... is that a good deal or should I see my contract through (1 or 2 more months) and start anew? Are there any better deals?

How much data does the S3 use? Is that maps/navigation offline or online? I don't think Autopage's deal includes any data...
 
Hi guys,
I'm on Autopage and due for an upgrade... On my contract the S3 will be R455 a month... is that a good deal or should I see my contract through (1 or 2 more months) and start anew? Are there any better deals?

How much data does the S3 use? Is that maps/navigation offline or online? I don't think Autopage's deal includes any data...

Cancel the contract. Find the cheapest deal p/m for a S3 then get Cell C prepaid.
 
Oh and I also wanted to ask... the gps navigation... does that use data all the time or can one load a country and have navigation work offline (like my Nokia N8)?
 
Oh and I also wanted to ask... the gps navigation... does that use data all the time or can one load a country and have navigation work offline (like my Nokia N8)?

With Google maps you can save a map for offline viewing but not turn by turn navigation.

I just downloaded Navfree from the the Play store which is totally free and can do voice guided turn by turn navigation for many countries.
 
Oh and I also wanted to ask... the gps navigation... does that use data all the time or can one load a country and have navigation work offline (like my Nokia N8)?

I ran Google Navigation from JHB to my parents place in Hilton/PMB. The whole trip it consumed 11MB. No pre caching done before leaving.
So usage is really low. Pre cache and it will be next to nothing.

I have a 250MB bundle and rarely exceed 100 to 150MB.
On Wi-Fi at the office and home. When using mobile data I limit it to 2G which is more than sufficient for messaging, email, etc. Also reduces battery usage.
 
I ran Google Navigation from JHB to my parents place in Hilton/PMB. The whole trip it consumed 11MB. No pre caching done before leaving.
So usage is really low. Pre cache and it will be next to nothing.

I have a 250MB bundle and rarely exceed 100 to 150MB.
On Wi-Fi at the office and home. When using mobile data I limit it to 2G which is more than sufficient for messaging, email, etc. Also reduces battery usage.

How does pre-caching work? Can one pre-cache a whole country?
How much is the 250mb costing you a month?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X