Samsung Galaxy S3

1000 posts!

My phone keeps freezing, is there anyone else that this happens to? It was running fine for the first month or so ...
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Im running stock ICS
Have had the same problem. Mine does it intermittently when the screen is locked and i get a pop-up notification. Push buttons and nothing happens screen just stays on. Leave it for 10 seconds and it un-freezes.
Phone is not nearly as quick as when i first got it. Going to re-set to factory settings and see if that helps.

Edit.
1000 posts woop woop!!!:D:D
 
Last edited:
I've never had a freeze. Strange.

My cell standby battery usage is crazy high. On the latest firmware.

Me neither.

Its a reporting bug. Its apparently not actually using that much battery, but it is reporting incorrectly.
 
I have also not experienced a freeze. Check if you have on the latest firmware.
 
I have also not experienced a freeze. Check if you have on the latest firmware.
have the latest firmware, now that i think about it, the phone only started freezing after i put the latest version on.
 
have the latest firmware, now that i think about it, the phone only started freezing after i put the latest version on.

I also have the latest firmware installed and my phone has been freezing since then, hopefully JB will sort out this issue.
 
Hi all.

My wife got a new S3 on Saturday.

It has gone through a few charge cycles, but here's the problem...

It was plugged in to charge early last night and this morning at around 07:00 it still said "Charging 88%". That's impossible. My wife said it was the same story the previous day.

I have now switched off the phone, removed the battery and put back on charge.

What could be causing this? This phone is stock standard as it came out of the box. Haven't even been connected to a computer yet.
 
I would suggest leaving the battery out for a good 5 to 10 minutes and then run it flat by normal use and then try the charge again.
If still no joy, take it back within the 7 day window for a replacement.
 
can anyone direct me to a thread (i couldnt find it via search) where someone broke their S3 screen days after they got it and had it repaired somewhere. Need to find out what that princely sum will be. I'll be taking mine back to my SP to have fixed. The phone fell less than 1 metre (chest pocket to gravel) and the screen cracked majorly - but still fully functional.
 
can anyone direct me to a thread (i couldnt find it via search) where someone broke their S3 screen days after they got it and had it repaired somewhere. Need to find out what that princely sum will be. I'll be taking mine back to my SP to have fixed. The phone fell less than 1 metre (chest pocket to gravel) and the screen cracked majorly - but still fully functional.

If you're using the forum default number of the posts per page, page 86 in this thread will help you. Chaps there are talking about replacing screens.
 
can anyone direct me to a thread (i couldnt find it via search) where someone broke their S3 screen days after they got it and had it repaired somewhere. Need to find out what that princely sum will be. I'll be taking mine back to my SP to have fixed. The phone fell less than 1 metre (chest pocket to gravel) and the screen cracked majorly - but still fully functional.

That's a major repair. I think there's a post in this thread.
 
can anyone direct me to a thread (i couldnt find it via search) where someone broke their S3 screen days after they got it and had it repaired somewhere. Need to find out what that princely sum will be. I'll be taking mine back to my SP to have fixed. The phone fell less than 1 metre (chest pocket to gravel) and the screen cracked majorly - but still fully functional.

Shoo thats quite a fall, I don't think many touch screen smart phone would survive that. May be wrong. Good luck man!
 
can anyone direct me to a thread (i couldnt find it via search) where someone broke their S3 screen days after they got it and had it repaired somewhere. Need to find out what that princely sum will be. I'll be taking mine back to my SP to have fixed. The phone fell less than 1 metre (chest pocket to gravel) and the screen cracked majorly - but still fully functional.

Have a look at post #955 of this thread. http://www.tt3repairs.co.za/ Have not used them personally - just saw the post.
 
good luck hope you come right and its not too expensive
let us know how much they going to charge
can anyone direct me to a thread (i couldnt find it via search) where someone broke their S3 screen days after they got it and had it repaired somewhere. Need to find out what that princely sum will be. I'll be taking mine back to my SP to have fixed. The phone fell less than 1 metre (chest pocket to gravel) and the screen cracked majorly - but still fully functional.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X