Samsung Galaxy S3

I have a feeling it is FB. Try turning its contact sync off?
The FB app has to be one of the crappest apps in the store. Friendcaster is better.

Shot for the tip, I just did another factory reset. I uninstalled each app individually and nothing changed, but I will start with the essential apps and see how it goes.
 
I'm enjoying my S3 a lot more since installing CM10. Just wish the flash on the camera worked.
 
Shot for the tip, I just did another factory reset. I uninstalled each app individually and nothing changed, but I will start with the essential apps and see how it goes.

There is so much bloatware installed with the factory ROM. Compare the leaked ROM to CM10.
 
I just discovered the issue, you won't believe me, but its the power saving mode. Well at least I think it is, turned it on, back to lagballs, turn it off bang smooth. Tried this on the other S3 I have here and same thing. :wtf:
 
I just discovered the issue, you won't believe me, but its the power saving mode. Well at least I think it is, turned it on, back to lagballs, turn it off bang smooth. Tried this on the other S3 I have here and same thing. :wtf:

I am disappoint.
 
Yeah absolutely bizzare. Ive just tested it on both devices same result. Power saving on makes it lag.

Kind of makes sense as it probably changes the governor and reduces CPU speed.
Glad you sorted dude. I could feel your pain.

The leaked JB ROMS and CM10 are awesome. Both very smooth.
 
I am sitting here comparing my S3 LI6 JB leak with my Nexus 7 JB.

Happy to say they are equally smooth. Very chuffed that Sammy has done such a good job so far with the JB Stock.
 
Kind of makes sense as it probably changes the governor and reduces CPU speed.
Glad you sorted dude. I could feel your pain.

The leaked JB ROMS and CM10 are awesome. Both very smooth.

Yeah, was driving me scats! I still have to get around to rooting and insatlling custom roms.

I am sitting here comparing my S3 LI6 JB leak with my Nexus 7 JB.

Happy to say they are equally smooth. Very chuffed that Sammy has done such a good job so far with the JB Stock.

Dude, I am about an inch away from buying a Nexus 7. Is it worth it?
 
Dude, I am about an inch away from buying a Nexus 7. Is it worth it?

Most definitely dude. Sitting here with my S3 and Nexus 7 feels "right" :beer:

Good fit these 2 devices.

The only thing I am missing on the N7 is dual band Wi-Fi.

For what you pay for this thing - and it equals my S3 in almost every way - ye, brilliant purchase. Just do it! :D

Oh ye... Tegra 3. Some awesome game choices :cool:
 
Most definitely dude. Sitting here with my S3 and Nexus 7 feels "right" :beer:

Good fit these 2 devices.

The only thing I am missing on the N7 is dual band Wi-Fi.

For what you pay for this thing - and it equals my S3 in almost every way - ye, brilliant purchase. Just do it! :D

Oh ye... Tegra 3. Some awesome game choices :cool:


Ok sweet, sounds awesome. Wife even gave me the go ahead so it must be the tablet gods giving me sign :D
 
Just out of interest, how many of you are running stock with power saving on for the majority of the time?
 
Power saver is the equivalent of pushing the AC button in 900cc car. Turning Power Save off is still not as quick as CM10.
 
So I went looking around today and I can get a Samsung tomorrow from Autopage on mtn if I renew my contract (basically an upgrade). But the mtn deal doesn't include any sms's or data only R350 airtime value (roughly 179 minutes talktime). If I get the S3 as an upgrade it will be R455/pm with no extra's. My contract ends in about 3 months (23 December).

CellC currently offer the S3 with 200 minutes per month and 200 sms's/mms's per month as well as 200mb data per month for R449/pm.

I'm thinking of waiting for my contract to end and hoping CellC will still be offering the above deal then...
 
Also, was wondering if anyone who has one ever finds the phone too big for one handed use?
I've been to 3 different shops but no one seems to have a live demo I can try out :(
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X