Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm thinking about backing everything up. Changing my CSC to XFA from XFV then installing the polish version on my phone. I just don't know if I will be doing it correctly, so I'm busy looking for a guide.
 
Brush up on your Polish :D
I'm about to flash now, will report back

I did a non wipe flash. Rooted with CF Root 6.4, that works.
Triangle Away works. Everything else seems fine. Literally only been 10 minutes so haven't had time to really give it a proper run through.
 
I did a non wipe flash. Rooted with CF Root 6.4, that works.
Triangle Away works. Everything else seems fine. Literally only been 10 minutes so haven't had time to really give it a proper run through.

So the Polish firmware does nothing to our devices? Im running on a vodacom device with the CSC changed to XFA and flashed with I9300BLFB from here:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9300&pcode=XFA&os=1&type=1#firmware
(its the June 2012 one)
If I flash this Polish firmware will it effect my device in any way or is it cool to just do it?
 
Alright cool! downloading the polish thing now! Will report back asap!

If you know how to flash with odin, you're gtg.
Do the same thing as usual. Backup, ensure usb debug is selected, decent battery remaining, reboot into download mode, kill any running kies processes, put the I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_I9300XXDLIB_HOME.tar.md5 file in PDA, flash.
Reboot and re-root if require it.
 
If you know how to flash with odin, you're gtg.
Do the same thing as usual. Backup, ensure usb debug is selected, decent battery remaining, reboot into download mode, kill any running kies processes, put the I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_I9300XXDLIB_HOME.tar.md5 file in PDA, flash.
Reboot and re-root if require it.

Yea its sweet, you root with CF Root 6.4? Always wondered why to go into usb debug mode?
 
Yea its sweet, you root with CF Root 6.4? Always wondered why to go into usb debug mode?

Yes, I used CF Root 6.4.
I don't ask questions about usb debug, don't know either, I just do it ;)
Use the googly to read up about all those folk who bricked their phones because they forgot about usb debug.
 
Yes, I used CF Root 6.4.
I don't ask questions about usb debug, don't know either, I just do it ;)
Use the googly to read up about all those folk who bricked their phones because they forgot about usb debug.

Lol yea i know.... was just wondering lol.... How is the JB running? Did you have the Vodacom stock XFV and then change to XFA or was it XFA outta the box?
 
OK I'm really confused. Was busy downloading the latest JB (Polish) Nandroid backup from Chrome (via a Google Doc link from XDA), just plugged in my phone now while it's downloading in my browser and suddenly now I'm getting and OTA update request from within Android.
Seem to be a JB update and it's 282MB... huh??? :confused:

Did some KIES service now somehow pick up a JB update from somwhere? Haven't messed with KIES so it's still on default SA settings.:wtf:
 
Last edited:
OK I'm really confused. Was busy downloading the latest JB (Polish) Nandroid backup from Chrome (via a Google Doc link from XDA), just plugged in my phone now while it's downloading in my browser and suddenly now I'm getting and OTA update request from within Android.
Seem to be a JB update and it's 282MB... huh??? :confused:

Did some KIES service now somehow pick up a JB update from somwhere? Haven't messed with KIES so it's still on default SA settings.:wtf:

THe 200MB update is an ICS update. you can go look for it on google... weird that u getting it though...
 
OK I'm really confused. Was busy downloading the latest JB (Polish) Nandroid backup from Chrome (via a Google Doc link from XDA), just plugged in my phone now while it's downloading in my browser and suddenly now I'm getting and OTA update request from within Android.
Seem to be a JB update and it's 282MB... huh??? :confused:

Did some KIES service now somehow pick up a JB update from somwhere? Haven't messed with KIES so it's still on default SA settings.:wtf:

I don't know, I don't use Kies. Update and let us know :)
 
THe 200MB update is an ICS update. you can go look for it on google... weird that u getting it though...

Funny thing is there was a disclaimer that popped up on my screen that mentioned JellyBean.
Did a reboot, phone went into CWM and asked me if I wanted to install the unsigned zip file, said yes of course. Installation failed though (can't remember the error message)
Decided f*** it and installed the Polish Nandroid backup anyway. So far so good. :)

Now I'm hoping the GO Backup Pro app I purchased will restore everything correctly. (yeah yeah I know, I found Titanium backup too confusing and cluttered)
 
We are on holiday in St Lucia at the mo. The whole chalet has tiled flooring.
Last night I fell asleep while reading the forums in Tapatalk. Woke up at 5AM and saw my beautiful S3 laying on the tiles half way across the room. I don't think I have ever woken up completely so fast. Panic induced wake up moment.

Happy to say the S3 survived without a single mark. Massive sigh of relief, docked her nice and securely in her dock, and went back to sleep.
 
We are on holiday in St Lucia at the mo. The whole chalet has tiled flooring.
Last night I fell asleep while reading the forums in Tapatalk. Woke up at 5AM and saw my beautiful S3 laying on the tiles half way across the room. I don't think I have ever woken up completely so fast. Panic induced wake up moment.

Happy to say the S3 survived without a single mark. Massive sigh of relief, docked her nice and securely in her dock, and went back to sleep.


Shoooo lucky! You have a cover on it?
 
Last night I fell asleep while reading the forums in Tapatalk. Woke up at 5AM and saw my beautiful S3 laying on the tiles half way across the room. I don't think I have ever woken up completely so fast. Panic induced wake up moment.

haha... that's a k@k way to wake up!

I bough a little square wall mount Canadian Pine rack from Builders Warehouse this weekend. Tonight I'm going to try and make my own wall mount wood dock for it using a Dremel and a lot of patience. Would be awesome if I can get the HDMI dock to fit in snuggly and hide the cables. Can't wait to get home and try it.
 
We are on holiday in St Lucia at the mo. The whole chalet has tiled flooring.
Last night I fell asleep while reading the forums in Tapatalk. Woke up at 5AM and saw my beautiful S3 laying on the tiles half way across the room. I don't think I have ever woken up completely so fast. Panic induced wake up moment.

Happy to say the S3 survived without a single mark. Massive sigh of relief, docked her nice and securely in her dock, and went back to sleep.

Nooooooooooooo! The horror! Glad she is okay :)
Enjoy your holiday!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X