Samsung Galaxy S3

So I got a nice update this morning when I connected my S3 to KIES. Just a pity after the update was complete it was still on 4.0.4 ICS.

Seems like the previous update was only installed today after giving up 2 weeks ago.
 
After changing my CSC and loading the new stock 4.1.1 os I now have an unbranded jelly bean S3 :D

I can feel the butter :P
 
Last edited:
Breaking news.

Can hard reset a SGS3 via HTML

the USSD code to factory data reset a Galaxy S3 is *2767*3855# can be triggered from browser like this: <frame src="tel:*2767*3855%23" />
https://twitter.com/pof/status/250540790491787264

Guess the wanna stop promoting this feature :)

[video=youtube;Q2-0B04HPhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-0B04HPhs[/video]
 
After changing my CSC and loading the new stock 4.1.1 os I now have an unbranded jelly bean S3 :D

I can feel the butter :P

please advise what guide you followed. I have an unbranded S3, but don't pick up jelly bean yet. Is it possible to put jelly bean on without rooting as a matter of interest?
 
please advise what guide you followed. I have an unbranded S3, but don't pick up jelly bean yet. Is it possible to put jelly bean on without rooting as a matter of interest?

Been running 4.1.1 for 3 days now! soooo smooth! The guys from Samsung SA have assured me that they are talking with network operators (ie Voda, MTN and CellC) on the roll out of JB for SA. no official ETA yet.
I have a CSC=XFA handset which was running I9300XLFB and just flashed the polish JB on Odin. No issues, no wipe, all been 100%
 
So I downloaded the firmware, but where do I find the .tar.md5 ??

I had downloaded the firmware from SamMobile

now downloading it from XDA forum. I see the SamMobile is only like 280mb while the one on XDA is 774mb

could i just change to the polish jelly bean firmware that i downloaded from SamMobile, in Kies?
or do i need to use ODIN to change?
 
Last edited:
So I downloaded the firmware, but where do I find the .tar.md5 ??

I had downloaded the firmware from SamMobile

now downloading it from XDA forum. I see the SamMobile is only like 280mb while the one on XDA is 774mb

could i just change to the polish jelly bean firmware that i downloaded from SamMobile, in Kies?
or do i need to use ODIN to change?

You use Odin to load whichever firmware update you want, don't use kies at all.

My update went smooth as, well, butter :D
 
You use Odin to load whichever firmware update you want, don't use kies at all.

My update went smooth as, well, butter :D

the firmware from samMobile doesn't show the .tar, so downloading the one linked in xda, 7 minutes to go...

EDIT
Success! All working, kept trying to look for the google now app, till I just opened google app.:p

Didn't reset my phone so still have everything on it, can't believe how much quicker it is.
 
Last edited:
I was on one of the leaked JB updates from XDA which wasn't bad but this one feels even smoother. I just hope the battery drain from the leaked update is gone.
 
So I downloaded the firmware, but where do I find the .tar.md5 ??

I had downloaded the firmware from SamMobile

now downloading it from XDA forum. I see the SamMobile is only like 280mb while the one on XDA is 774mb

could i just change to the polish jelly bean firmware that i downloaded from SamMobile, in Kies?
or do i need to use ODIN to change?

Which region's one is the correct one for ours? My device says it is a I9300XXLFB...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X