Samsung Galaxy S3

Eh, well thats them then.

I am 100% sure I'm getting much better battery life now than I did before.

Hey, as long as you think it's giving you more battery life I'm sure it is. Going to install the ROM and see. Wish the stupid hotfiles site would hurry up.
 
Hey, as long as you think it's giving you more battery life I'm sure it is. Going to install the ROM and see. Wish the stupid hotfiles site would hurry up.

Maybe it's just improved from the battery life I was getting from CM9/CM10. It's been a while since I was running stock ICS.
 
I was running stock ICS and no doubt I have better battery performance. As mentioned yesterday with the JB firmware I hit 15% at 11pm only, I used to plug it in at around 5pm before on ICS. Today I had to plug in and charge at 6pm but I had been streaming the cricket for a few hours this afternoon.

I will say that it seems to charge slower, particularly if I'm still using the phone while its charging. In fact heavy usage shows the battery still slowly discharging while plugged in.
 
How long is the Samsung logo supposed to flash for? :( Think I've done something wrong.
 
Yeah did that before but then read up and saw that it needed one just afterwards.

Correct. Flash, then wipe.

If you use Mobile Odin you can do this all in one go.

Most times I get away without a wipe. Don't get stuck at the boot logo often thankfully.
 
Correct. Flash, then wipe.

If you use Mobile Odin you can do this all in one go.

Most times I get away without a wipe. Don't get stuck at the boot logo often thankfully.

I used Desktop Odin :D

Still concerned about this CSC thing, it's currently set to XEO as far as I can make out, apparently it's meant to be set to XFA but that's not on the list (downloaded the CSC app)
 
Quick question, is it possible to install an stock jellybean dialer and contacts app, not the samsung jellybean version. I hate the samsung version. I've looked in system/apps to see if I can find contacts in there and replace it with the stock app, but no luck so far (and a couple of emergency re-flashes later). I am currently running omega (but miss my paranoid android), and all is fine, except the dialer and contacts
 
I'm thinking about installing the Omega rom today. That is if I get it downloaded. For some reason my MWEB connection just stop downloading after about 10mb or so.

Any other links you can provide me with?
 
I'm thinking about installing the Omega rom today. That is if I get it downloaded. For some reason my MWEB connection just stop downloading after about 10mb or so.

Any other links you can provide me with?

Sorry dude, I'm still on version 24 or some such, which I downloaded two or so weeks ago on my phone (extsdcard)
 
I'm thinking about installing the Omega rom today. That is if I get it downloaded. For some reason my MWEB connection just stop downloading after about 10mb or so.

Any other links you can provide me with?

The Omega download page has a number of links, and specifically requests that alternative links not be created. I use a torrent-to-http service, so my download took 35 minutes with the torrent option.
 
Omega ROM looks like the perfect ROM for me. Was thinking of putting on Cyanogen but it's no use having a fast phone when a ton of the features don't work (expecially HDMI for me).
Biggest headache will be trying to decide which of the bloatware to remove when installing, I'll probably stick to default settings.

The current Polish version of JB I have on is slightly disappointing so far, doesn't feel as smooth as ICS was (I'm using Go Launcher though).
Backing up now, going to waste some time at work today loading Omega, can't wait!
 
Last edited:
My favourite rom is paranoid android, light weight and fast, but unfortunately it does not work with mirror link, so until I can figure out, which one of the samsung services or apps it uses to connect to the head unit, I'll be stuck on omega
 
I'm busy downloading the Omega ROM now. Doesn't look like anyone had any problems with this ROM so far.

Backing up via Titanium Backup while I'm waiting for the download to complete. Hold thumbs please.
 
I'm busy downloading the Omega ROM now. Doesn't look like anyone had any problems with this ROM so far.

Backing up via Titanium Backup while I'm waiting for the download to complete. Hold thumbs please.


First time my install from within CWM worked flawless when using the zip method (usually I either had to restore from a backup or use the odin method). It even cleans the cache etc. for you before it installs so no real need to do that.

App restore worked flawlessly from Go Backup Pro (titanium should work fine as well).
So far this version of JellyBean feels more slick than the standard one. Loving the changes they made to the notification dropdown (especially making it easier to switch mobile data on and off by moving the icons, and including a flashlight icon)
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X