Samsung Galaxy S3

When was official S3 JB released?

anyone got a link? Have4 been trawling XDA, can't find anything. I have MIUI so no OTA.
 
Im running Omega 33.2
Does this rom have google now and if it does how do I access it? Tried swiping my finger up etc but nothing?
 
Just completed my ota update. 20 minute download and about 10 minute install. Seems like the upgrade rush is over now, because this weekend it took two days to just fail on me repeatedly.
 
Im running Omega 33.2
Does this rom have google now and if it does how do I access it? Tried swiping my finger up etc but nothing?

I don't know about omega but in the official ones you hold the middle button for a second or two then you choose the middle option.
 
No worries, I initially thought it might be in jest but you never know :) I've tried Google Now twice (for a few days only) but it just never seemed worthwhile as no one has mentioned anything I'd really find of value. Suppose I might be more of a "speak when you are spoken to" type when it comes to my phone ;)

It only really gets interesting if you live in the States and if you organize your life withing the Google ecosystem. E.g. if in your google tasks you were to schedule all of your random appointments at random times with your clients who are listed as contacts in gmail then it would be able to direct you to each one and intantly give you their contact details to call them if you were late etc. Also if you fly a lot then it can be very handy by pulling all of the flight details and info from the emails.

None of which is useful to me so I turned it off. And ride a motorbike to work so don't give a toss about traffic :D
 
I don't know about omega but in the official ones you hold the middle button for a second or two then you choose the middle option.

I have that, I press the middle button which is a "g" but all it gives me is a google search bar?

Edit: nevermind, I figured that u have to enable it in the settings. Thanks
 
Why does Google Now seem to think that I still live in Singapore? It tells me that my time at home is 06:45 at the moment. I've searched high and low in all google and google account settings but to no avail. It also gives me my currency conversion in SGD which is annoying as I'd prefer a USD and EUR conversion...
 
When I check my battery stats since I've installed JB, it shows the phone is "awake" about 90% of the time, on ICS it was awake about 10% of the time.

Is there anyway to resolve this?

Maybe I should just turn off Google now ...
 
Mine too. I resorted to switching off data connections when the screen is off which is annoying as I constantly have to check it. It does mean that I get at least two days of battery now, but I really am hacked off about it...
 
Mine too. I resorted to switching off data connections when the screen is off which is annoying as I constantly have to check it. It does mean that I get at least two days of battery now, but I really am hacked off about it...

Are you doing this manually? There are several apps in the Play Store that will do this automatically while still checking periodically, which gives most of the benefit without any of the hassle. I use Juicedefender, which seems to work quite well and has a noticable positive impact on battery life.
 
Are you doing this manually? There are several apps in the Play Store that will do this automatically while still checking periodically, which gives most of the benefit without any of the hassle. I use Juicedefender, which seems to work quite well and has a noticable positive impact on battery life.

I use the Go Power app, which does it automatically for me. I also have Juice Defender on here but it was a complicated beast so I disabled it...
 
I use the Go Power app, which does it automatically for me. I also have Juice Defender on here but it was a complicated beast so I disabled it...

I found juice defender didn't defend my juice, it actually somehow sapped my juice :(
 
I found juice defender didn't defend my juice, it actually somehow sapped my juice :(

Maybe I was just lucky :) I did find that not all the advanced settings worked very well, so I'm running it in quite a basic configuration. It was easier than going through a micromanagement process using something like Better Battery Stats.
 
I found juice defender didn't defend my juice, it actually somehow sapped my juice :(

I saw no difference whatsoever. Switching off data when the screen is off was the only solution to having to charge the bugger nearly twice a day.

I must admit that I was initially impressed with this phone, but the shocking battery life has me looking for another...
 
I saw no difference whatsoever. Switching off data when the screen is off was the only solution to having to charge the bugger nearly twice a day.

I must admit that I was initially impressed with this phone, but the shocking battery life has me looking for another...

Mine, on stock has been fine. Initially it was a pig, but a few tweaks and I now get about 24Hrs out of a full charge with mild to moderate usage. I just stick on charge every night. Pretty happy with the battery considering the screen size etc.
 
I use it constantly so I need to make provisions for extra battery life...
 
I use it constantly so I need to make provisions for extra battery life...

Ah ok, I tinker with mine for a lot of the day, so its always on/off on/off. When I first got mine I was getting like 8hours out of it.
 
ok so I'm trying out juice defender and thus far after a hour its gone down 3%, which seems better ... also the "awake" stat looks much better
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X