Samsung Galaxy S6

I had this issue on my One Plus One and they said the latest Google play Services update messes around with your phone and prevents it from going into a deep sleep but that was only for custom roms not TW

Is there any way to check if the phone is in fact going into deep sleep or do we need an app. Don't like battery apps

Use CPU Spy to see if your phone goes into deep sleep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bvalosek.cpuspy.realgpp&hl=en

Mine does and it seems that my biggest battery hog is my screen on 21% and Google Services on 9%.
 
Thanks my settings are the same for the wifi and I lost about 30% overnight. My location was switched off.
 
This is the exact reason I ditched Android :(

I can't wait to play with one in the stores.
 
put it off.

it'll disconnect you from wifi if it thinks the mobile network is faster than your wifi.

Thanks I have switched it off.

Keep Wifi on during sleep - Only when plugged in.
Always allow scanning - Scan only while wifi is on.
Location - Switched off.
Smart network switch - Off

Will see what my battery does overnight now.

This is my current battery with the following settings :

Keep Wifi on during sleep - Always.
Always allow scanning - Scan always.
Location - Switched off.
Smart network switch - On.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/friw9ogn1nw0lg2/Screenshot_2015-04-21-10-24-10.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w6zox0oyma2k88/Screenshot_2015-04-21-10-26-04.png?dl=0
 
Can you guys check the number one application using the battery and check Mobile Radio Active time. Mine is currently Google Play Services for some strange reason and the time is 23m 17s but I havent used it since I had to charge this morning.

Had a quick look at XDA before I left for work and they say that Mobile Radio Active might be the culprit whatever it does.
I stop Google play services from waking my phone using Disable Services and App Ops. This will help with the battery drain a lot.

If you want I can PM you which processes I stop and disable
 
Thanks I have switched it off.

Keep Wifi on during sleep - Only when plugged in.
Always allow scanning - Scan only while wifi is on.
Location - Switched off.
Smart network switch - Off

Will see what my battery does overnight now.

This is my current battery with the following settings :

Keep Wifi on during sleep - Always.
Always allow scanning - Scan always.
Location - Switched off.
Smart network switch - On.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/friw9ogn1nw0lg2/Screenshot_2015-04-21-10-24-10.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w6zox0oyma2k88/Screenshot_2015-04-21-10-26-04.png?dl=0

So your battery was bettery during the day, than it was at night? :wtf: that's weird. How is your signal at home?
 
Almost 4 hours on battery and Mobile Radio Active used up 50 mins.
I think MTN is doing funny things with the signal where I work, my s4 started heating up and heavy battery drain since the 6th of April, and my S6 does the same with only the default apps installed and only at work.

Gpsd is also using up a few percent.

Out of the 20% used so far since 8:15am,
Whatsapp 5%
Google Services 4%
Android OS 3%
Google App 2%
gpsd 2 %
Screen 1%

And i don't even use google now.


I'll post my overtime usage one of the days.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X