Samsung Galaxy S7

Do we all have Edge S7's? Remember there is a difference.

S7 = Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
S7 Edge = Non-removable Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery

Yes, I also get about 12 hours to 30% and I have the S7 Edge.
 
I have the S7 non-edge...
c1309fe3fe060e503bce74a25bef967d.jpg
 
All these graphs show is that we have good batteries in our S7's, which is to be expected seeing as we have only had them 2 days.
What is doesn't show is what we were actually doing during that period.
Each person is different. One can play games all the time and not have a single call, and the other could be constantly on the phone and texting the planet.
This is why comparing battery graphs is interesting, but in the end pretty useless unless it is in a controlled environment.
 
All these graphs show is that we have good batteries in our S7's, which is to be expected seeing as we have only had them 2 days.
What is doesn't show is what we were actually doing during that period.
Each person is different. One can play games all the time and not have a single call, and the other could be constantly on the phone and texting the planet.
This is why comparing battery graphs is interesting, but in the end pretty useless unless it is in a controlled environment.

that's why you have to post screen-on time. It is the single biggest user of the battery, no matter what you are busy doing.
 
that's why you have to post screen-on time. It is the single biggest user of the battery, no matter what you are busy doing.
I'll leave the phone till flat or tonight, whichever comes first and do that.

On a side note, nice to have lte again :)

uploadfromtaptalk1457935972064.jpg
 
Upgrade due in July. Thinking of getting the S7. I'm on a Note 4 at the moment. Would also be nice to have LTE again, because I'm on Telkom, and my phone doesn't support the Telkom LTE band. Just hoping prices come down a bit by July
 
Ok any want to give me at a nominal fee? Want to get another s7.
 
Upgrade due in July. Thinking of getting the S7. I'm on a Note 4 at the moment. Would also be nice to have LTE again, because I'm on Telkom, and my phone doesn't support the Telkom LTE band. Just hoping prices come down a bit by July

Jman, as you may gather, none of us are saying we hate our phones. :)
If possible, get yours now and get the Gear VR. If not, then yes, the prices will come down by July. They usually stay the same for the first two months then drop slightly (by about R10) for the next two months then drop again. This is MTN (I have been keeping copies of the Y'ello Trader for years). :D
 
You have to post the screen-on time as well, otherwise the stats are rather useless.

This is with my screen on times.

Friday only got 13 hours to 4%(Lte, wifi and data on. 2h40 screen on time.)
Saturday I got 15 hours to 5%(Lte off, wifi and data on. 3h10 screen on time.)
Today much better without 'Always On' screen. (Lte enabled, wifi and data on. 3h40 screen on time.) Currently at 31

I Hope it will improve slightly.
 
Wait a minute. If screen is set to "always on" how accurate is "screen on time"?
 
Jman, as you may gather, none of us are saying we hate our phones. :)
If possible, get yours now and get the Gear VR. If not, then yes, the prices will come down by July. They usually stay the same for the first two months then drop slightly (by about R10) for the next two months then drop again. This is MTN (I have been keeping copies of the Y'ello Trader for years). :D

Yeah, I see you guys are loving your new toys :D Don't really feel like paying up my current contract, or having 2 contracts at once, so I'll wait until my upgrade is ready. Hopefully it'll be around the R500 mark by then
 
Wait a minute. If screen is set to "always on" how accurate is "screen on time"?

I cant find anything that says it is counted as the same thing.

GSMArena have done some tests and mention the Always on.

Oh, wait, Always On display. You see, our proprietary battery testing procedure includes a standby test, which is included in the formula for overall rating, but we don't post it on the scorecard. Standby is rarely the dominant contributor to power consumption, with large displays being a far heavier burden on the battery.

Well, with the Always On display enabled some of that display is being lit up and that inevitably has a detrimental effect on battery life. Samsung says that it runs in the ballpark of 1% battery drain per hour and our findings seem to corroborate that.

A clock and background image was our choice (those pictured above, actually) - sort of a middle ground in terms is content volume being displayed. With AOD on, overall rating takes a huge hit and drops to 49 hours. Whether the trade off is worth it is largely up to you.


Link
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X