Samsung Galaxy S8

I also have the S6 and I think both of us decided to keep the S6 and just buy a battery case.

I just spoke to Vodacom a couple of minutes ago to confirm my S8, the S6 is still fast but I can't anymore with the battery life and I don't want a extremely slow charging battery pack strapped to my phone.
Fast Charger?
 
That wasn't the concern, how long does it take to charge the battery pack when it's at 0%?
With a fast Charger, I can go from 0% to 80% in half an hour. But why would you run the battery down to 0% anyway? If you going to fully discharge your battery, it should be done once a month or once every 2 months. Generally, running battery or constantly draining your battery will damage it very quickly. 15% to 20% and plug charger in.
 
With a fast Charger, I can go from 0% to 80% in half an hour. But why would you run the battery down to 0% anyway? If you going to fully discharge your battery, it should be done once a month or once every 2 months. Generally, running battery or constantly draining your battery will damage it very quickly. 15% to 20% and plug charger in.

Read what I posted again, battery pack, I wanted to keep the S6 and buy a case with a battery built in, the one I wanted to get had a 4200mAh battery and from what I read it takes ~10 hours to charge from 0% to 100%.
 
Read what I posted again, battery pack, I wanted to keep the S6 and buy a case with a battery built in, the one I wanted to get had a 5800mAh battery and from what I read it takes ~10 hours to charge from 0% to 100%.
Aah, okay, but how was the battery pack though? Was it bulky?
 
Like I said, clearly you don't know.

Off charger 5am, 40% left at 21h10 ;) S8+
that was my experience. I'm a heavy user. And like I said, unless a battery lasts for around 3 to 4 hours from 100% to 0, then yeh I agree, it was kark.

BTW what was the time from 100 to 0 on the S6 for you?

And don't lie on the S8+, for realness? :D nice, that's impressive I have to say
 
that was my experience. I'm a heavy user. And like I said, unless a battery lasts for around 3 to 4 hours from 100% to 0, then yeh I agree, it was kark.

BTW what was the time from 100 to 0 on the S6 for you?

And don't lie on the S8+, for realness? :D nice, that's impressive I have to say
Screen on 2h24

Decent for a phone still settling.
5c68031670a3b65b92802feaa5c438f4.jpg
 
Huh, fully charged battery at 7am, 20% battery left at 5pm. I think that is more than okay, at least it was for me

That's bad battery life, from screenshots I've seen of the S8 it does 4 hours screen on time and 18 hours usage and be between 10-20% still, obviously depending on how you use it, I saw one screenshot where the guy was going for absolute max battery life, he had 9 hours screen on time and 24 hours on battery with 12% left.

Aah, okay, but how was the battery pack though? Was it bulky?

I never bought it, I'm getting the S8 next week or whenever delivery is but I think battery case only weight 85g so I don't think it would be too bad.
 
that was my experience. I'm a heavy user. And like I said, unless a battery lasts for around 3 to 4 hours from 100% to 0, then yeh I agree, it was kark.

BTW what was the time from 100 to 0 on the S6 for you?

And don't lie on the S8+, for realness? :D nice, that's impressive I have to say
Oh, and my s6edge would be pretty dead around 7pm with the same kinda usage. Better than what most claimed, but still kark.
 
That's bad battery life, from screenshots I've seen of the S8 it does 4 hours screen on time and 18 hours usage and be between 10-20% still, obviously depending on how you use it, I saw one screenshot where the guy was going for absolute max battery life, he had 9 hours screen on time and 24 hours on battery with 12% left.



I never bought it, I'm getting the S8 next week or whenever delivery is but I think battery case only weight 85g so I don't think it would be too bad.
I got around 10 hours usage time on an S6 Edge. From what I can remember, some users were complaining that they are only getting around 4 to 5 hours usage. I think Samsung at some point acknowledged that the battery wasn't great on the S6 range. I can't comment on the S7 as I never bothered with it.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X