Samsung Galaxy S8

They may be, but the Body Glove screen protectors aren't.
What I would like is a protector that covers all the glass on the front of the screen, and not just to the edges.
That way there is nothing that could inadvertently catch or lift when in a case.
I ordered a glass one. Not a plastic. The seller posted images about how it fits with even these covers. Just waiting for it to arrive.

SHUOHU Case Friendly Tempered Glass For Samsung Galaxy S8 S8 Plus 3D Curved Protective Film For Samsung S8 Screen Protector
http://s.aliexpress.com/umAbyQnY
(from AliExpress Android)
 
Does security updates for Samsung also go through local networks first before being pushed to our devices? Does Samsung have a pattern as to which countries receive updates first? From what I see Turkey receives first. Is this a usual pattern?
 
I ordered a glass one. Not a plastic. The seller posted images about how it fits with even these covers. Just waiting for it to arrive.

SHUOHU Case Friendly Tempered Glass For Samsung Galaxy S8 S8 Plus 3D Curved Protective Film For Samsung S8 Screen Protector
http://s.aliexpress.com/umAbyQnY
(from AliExpress Android)

Please also let us know if it has adhesive all over or only on the sides.
 
I can't say the some about the Bodyglove Glass Screen Protector though. R400 WASTED.
+400(rand)

Dont bother with this one. It has darkened top/bottom too, which dont match the screen at the corners. I.e. it actually blocks out part of the screen. The adhesive isnt strong enough so edges lift slightly, and other areas of the screen (resulting in a weird rainbow halo at these spots). In its defense, it fits decently with an Incipio DualPro case.
 
I'm getting about 13 hours of usage with around 3 hours screen on time per day so far.

Auto brightness.
Connected to wifi or 4g (Telkom) throughout the day.
Location on.
Bluetooth always connected (to smart watch).
Truecaller installed.
Power saving disabled.

Mixed usage (GPS, games, calls browsing, IM etc.).

Screen accounts for about 20% of the usage.


Does this seem normal/right?
S8...
 
I'm getting about 13 hours of usage with around 3 hours screen on time per day so far.

Auto brightness.
Connected to wifi or 4g (Telkom) throughout the day.
Location on.
Bluetooth always connected (to smart watch).
Truecaller installed.
Power saving disabled.

Mixed usage (GPS, games, calls browsing, IM etc.).

Screen accounts for about 20% of the usage.


Does this seem normal/right?
S8...
13hours to flat? Like 0%?
 
That's a little disappointing, yes. What game?
I seems to have the worst of luck with battery life on my phones. Or im just an extreme user. Can't even tell of its much better than my g4.

Clash of clans a couple of times and and Riptide gp2 for like 2 minutes.
 
Will do. Also it loses about 10% from when I unplug it at night till the morning when I get up. Will have to check times... Normal ?

With the Always On display you can expect about 1% battery drain per hour.
 
I'm getting about 13 hours of usage with around 3 hours screen on time per day so far.

Auto brightness.
Connected to wifi or 4g (Telkom) throughout the day.
Location on.
Bluetooth always connected (to smart watch).
Truecaller installed.
Power saving disabled.

Mixed usage (GPS, games, calls browsing, IM etc.).

Screen accounts for about 20% of the usage.


Does this seem normal/right?
S8...

You don't need Truecaller, as the phone has something similar already installed.
Phone
Settings
Show caller information - Turn on.
Caller ID and spam protection - Turn on- it works exactly like Truecaller, except that there aren't any adverts popping up.
 
Last edited:
With the Always On display you can expect about 1% battery drain per hour.

That's probably it then. I only have the home button on mainly because I miss double tap to wake from my G4. Will try with it off.
 
Bixby updates.
d9169a1775bf5b55a066ab20aaea387d.jpg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X