Samsung Galaxy S8

Same here.

ok got Bixby working .!!
Go to date and time and only set to 23:48 ( set to manual time not automatic )
go back to Bixby and tap a few times .
voila its working
Busy setting up Bixby .
good luck

update1/ set Bixby up
Screen wake up working fine .
but with most"commands " it says "connection error
At least Bixby activated and i can wake phone from sleep !!

update 2/
Must say Bixby working much better and in "training " ,
i have got to level 3 .
Best feature for me is wake up command .
Otherwise Bixby working fine .
 
Last edited:
Anyone tried Google Daydream on the Galaxy S8 yet? Can you download the app from the Play store? When I'm on the Google Play store, it says my phone is incompatible. Would love to try this as I have an opportunity to get one for about R850.
 
Anyone tried Google Daydream on the Galaxy S8 yet? Can you download the app from the Play store? When I'm on the Google Play store, it says my phone is incompatible. Would love to try this as I have an opportunity to get one for about R850.
Well,
i downloaded Daydream from Play store and it was later, again updated through Play store.
I know it's now compatible with the S8 and S8+. and should work ok.
I am also looking to buy a daydream.
Google 'd around , but can't find any stock
in my area... Durban.

i had Gear VR before with my Note5.
and not interested in going
that route.
Screenshot_20170823-033008.jpgScreenshot_20170823-033117.png
 
Anyone tried Google Daydream on the Galaxy S8 yet? Can you download the app from the Play store? When I'm on the Google Play store, it says my phone is incompatible. Would love to try this as I have an opportunity to get one for about R850.

Just to add to my above post .
You have to install/or it's already pre - installed.... Google Vr app
also, together with Daydream.
Screenshot_20170823-034243.pngScreenshot_20170823-034230.png
 
Last edited:
Anyone tried Google Daydream on the Galaxy S8 yet? Can you download the app from the Play store? When I'm on the Google Play store, it says my phone is incompatible. Would love to try this as I have an opportunity to get one for about R850.
Not avaliable for South African Google accounts it seems.
 
Seeing that Bixby is always listening (can be turn off though). Anyone noticing any impact on battery life with it on?
 
I've now switched Bixby off. Starting to get irritating at work. I thought you had to day "Hi Bixby" before you give any commands. People around me speaking and suddenly Bixby becomes active.
 
It appears Bixby isn't as bad as everyone thought before it came online.
With using it quite a bit to train Bixby to recognise my voice, it is not just something gimmicky anymore.
Some of the features are quite handy.
 
It appears Bixby isn't as bad as everyone thought before it came online.
With using it quite a bit to train Bixby to recognise my voice, it is not just something gimmicky anymore.
Some of the features are quite handy.

I have managed to get to
level 6. So Bixby is recognizing
most of my commands.

Features that i like is
Voice Wake up,
Show Notification bar,
delete notifications.
Show Quick settings status bar
Show my last sms /email.
Mostly phone "stuff"

I still use Google Assistant (a lot) for the
more complex things.
eg Traffic reports updates,
Location reminders ,
Compiled and send sms whilst I'm
driving etc.
 
I have managed to get to
level 6. So Bixby is recognizing
most of my commands.

Features that i like is
Voice Wake up,
Show Notification bar,
delete notifications.
Show Quick settings status bar
Show my last sms /email.
Mostly phone "stuff"

I still use Google Assistant (a lot) for the
more complex things.
eg Traffic reports updates,
Location reminders ,
Compiled and send sms whilst I'm
driving etc.
Can you get it to connect to a specific bluetooth device?
 
Can you get it to connect to a specific bluetooth device?
haven't tried yet.
Might be possible.?
I will give it a go tomorrow.

yes,
I have paired certain of my bluetooth
devices, with Bixby commands
eg. Bluetooth on.( Scan)
and show me my Bluetooth devices etc
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X