Samsung Galaxy S8

haven't tried yet.
Might be possible.?
I will give it a go tomorrow.

yes,
I have paired certain of my bluetooth
devices, with Bixby commands
eg. Bluetooth on.( Scan)
and show me my Bluetooth devices etc
I want to create a quick command. Where one of the string of command is to connect to a specific bluetooth device
 
How did you specify the device name?

When the device was originally paired with the phone it was specified as "CarKit". When I say "connect bluetooth" or "activate bluetooth" the phone just connect to "CarKit" and it worked. This evening I added my Samsung Home Thearter as well, so now there is a second device paired to the phone called "(Samsung) Airtrack".
Now when i give the command "connect bluetooth" it activates bluetooth on the phone but it doesn't connect to the Airtrack. It only brings up the windows with the paired devices. Tried saying "connect Airtrack" but nothing happens.
I have to manually press the Airtrack option to connect. Must still try it in the car again and see what happens.
 
How did you specify the device name?
I have found out something rather interesting regarding Bluetooth and car radios with this device. Firstly my Bluetooth stays on all the time as I'm always driving and for activity watch so it connects automatically every time I get in the car.

But before bixby was active, my Google assistant was set up and working. When I long press the call button on my radio it actually activated the Google assistant voice thing, so i could speak and not even lift up my phone. Found that rather cool. And we know Google assistant is rather good with regard to everything else. So I would just press and say call or navigate or sms without even touching my phone.

This morning I tried it and the phone then gave me an option as to which to use when i press the radio button, Bixby or Google. I left it on Google because I feel it's more suitable for driving conditions.
 
One thing that is driving me a bit dilly with my S8+ - at the bottom of the screen where you can get the virtual buttons of going back etc - I keep on pressing the bullet that supposedly makes it stay on. But it keeps on disappearing so I have to scroll it up again. Minor, I know, but in terms of this phones overall awesomeness it is rather annoying.
 
One thing that is driving me a bit dilly with my S8+ - at the bottom of the screen where you can get the virtual buttons of going back etc - I keep on pressing the bullet that supposedly makes it stay on. But it keeps on disappearing so I have to scroll it up again. Minor, I know, but in terms of this phones overall awesomeness it is rather annoying.
Talking about this??
5b60b9a0005e7695f6c8213f626defd8.jpg
 
that irritates me... because when i take my phone out my pocket, i don't want to necessarily be staring in my pretty eyes (iris unlock)
I haven't used the iris scanner yet. Presumably it won't work with sunglasses which would be pretty annoying (I often drive with them).

I use my watch to keep my phone unlocked when close to me.
 
I haven't used the iris scanner yet. Presumably it won't work with sunglasses which would be pretty annoying (I often drive with them).

I use my watch to keep my phone unlocked when close to me.

yeh, doesn't work with sunglasses, obviously. and works not so lekker with normal glasses. but that's why i have iris, fingerprint and Pattern :p
 
I haven't used the iris scanner yet. Presumably it won't work with sunglasses which would be pretty annoying (I often drive with them).

I use my watch to keep my phone unlocked when close to me.
Surprisingly it actually does work with glasses. Albeit if there's too much light then that would affect it more than the glasses.
 
I don't want to jinx it but I've been really impressed with Vodacom's fast updates for the S8.
 
Started having an issue with the internal earphone speaker yesterday. Callers sound tinny and almost like the speaker has blown its voice coil. Have referred the matter to TMobile for resolution. Its only 3 months old. Never been dropped.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X