SARS E-Filing 2018

acidrain

Expert Member
Vision correction surgery is allowable. This is the requirement:
That's what I thought and explained that but they used the same excuse medical aid schemes use. If the correction was a necessity and the only option it would be valid however having it to get rid of glasses is a "life choice" and therefore not valid.

Maybe I just didn't push back hard enough but either way they still asked for the invoices and pretty much all medical expenses I've ever claimed for, likely for this reason.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Still nothing on my front. I called the complaints line this morning and was told they're following up with the auditors about why it's taking so long, since it's been 6 days since the lodging of the complaint and nothing. So far, I heard nothing back. Nobody can tell me what's the hold up on these verifications of mine.

HunterNW

Executive Member
Fcking Sars c*nts. Did an Audit, approved X to be paid out. 2 Weeks later do another audit. Now it's X-Z.
Reason: Rental income on my bank account isn't the same as the rental contract. Really ? The agent takes 10%... so obvious ... MTFckers.

Hxx

Fcking Sars c*nts. Did an Audit, approved X to be paid out. 2 Weeks later do another audit. Now it's X-Z.
Reason: Rental income on my bank account isn't the same as the rental contract. Really ? The agent takes 10%... so obvious ... MTFckers.

After requesting all my rental levies, taxes agent fees and bond statements - after not accepting my emailed documents, I had to open a dispute at the branch and took over 200 pages of documents to be scanned in..... I just hope that they won't do the same with me.....

LaraC

Honorary Master
SARS sending a reminder that Provisional Tax is due at the end of the is a nice touch. :)

sammi001

Filed on Friday , 13 July
Uploaded docs on Mon, 16 July
Complaint lodged on Fri, 17 Aug
Completion letter received on Wed, 22 Aug
Paid on Sat, 25 Aug

Koosvanwyk

What rental income did you declare on your return as gross rental income (the amount received in your bank or the amount in the contract) ?

Toxxyc

Expert Member
After my follow up on Friday I got feedback on Saturday morning. They reversed the amount due to me for my 2018 return and they're requesting additional documentation for my 2015 return. I was given an email address on the additional information letter to send the documentation to - do I just do this?

AdrianH

Expert Member
I also got audited due to rental property. I sent them lease agreement, levy statement (through Seeff), rates and taxes, and bond statement and they paid out within 2 weeks.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
After my follow up on Friday I got feedback on Saturday morning. They reversed the amount due to me for my 2018 return and they're requesting additional documentation for my 2015 return. I was given an email address on the additional information letter to send the documentation to - do I just do this?
I submitted a Request for Reason dispute and sent the documents to the SARS email address I was given. I got an automatic reply "21 business days". YAY.

This place is a mess. Getting slightly annoyed with them right now.

HunterNW

Executive Member
I also got audited due to rental property. I sent them lease agreement, levy statement (through Seeff), rates and taxes, and bond statement and they paid out within 2 weeks.
X-Z was paid out. Now having a dispute about the other money.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Just received my completion letter, stated no adjustments were made. I cant request SOA though.