• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

SARS E-Filing 2018

Jay1*

Filed on the 1st July, selected for verification
Submitted last documents 17 July
Lodged a complaint 17 August
Received completion letter today

Jay1*

I lodged mine on the sars website. I logged on as normal , top left corner of the screen there is an option to lodge a complaint. You will fill in a short form and then receive a reference and confirmation letter for the complaint.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I got a notice last night. They finalized my 2015 Verification and didn't change the amount (thank goodness). So that's being paid out sometime soon I hope.
Regarding my 2018 return - they reversed the R8k I had coming in for some reason, and I disputed it. The dispute is just still stuck on "submitted to SARS". Dunno how long that's going to take but I don't care, I'll fight them for it. I pay a shitload of tax on medical aid and my RA every month, I want that money back.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I got a notice last night. They finalized my 2015 Verification and didn't change the amount (thank goodness). So that's being paid out sometime soon I hope.
Regarding my 2018 return - they reversed the R8k I had coming in for some reason, and I disputed it. The dispute is just still stuck on "submitted to SARS". Dunno how long that's going to take but I don't care, I'll fight them for it. I pay a shitload of tax on medical aid and my RA every month, I want that money back.
Also got a notice - 2009 complete - no change.
Last one for them to finish is 2010.

Seems like the time period is 6 weeks from date of submission of a particular return.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Mine was more like 2 months for just the one. The other one is still in dispute but it seems like they finally woke up - the dispute doesn't seem to hold back the finalized one with it's payment. I'm just waiting on the payment date now.

Hxx

Got this today:

OUTCOME OF OBJECTION
Your objection against the 2018 tax period(s) has been allowed.

How long will I have to wait for my refund?

Jumalo

Medical aid has the wrong freaking out of pocket amount on their certificate, so cannot do my efiling until thats resolved, they send me the tax certificate and I still cannot find out where they came out with that amount.
Hi Lupus, I see you have a problem with your medical aid tax certificate.
Annually, we also have the same problem with our medical aid.

Ask your medical aid for a report of the figure they have used to compile the out of pocket amount and then you can do a recon.

I have a yearly schedule that I send them with the certificate as well as the documents of proof.
Show the differences separately.

SARS: " Qualifying medical expenditure paid during the year of assessment, ... "

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hi Lupus, I see you have a problem with your medical aid tax certificate.
Annually, we also have the same problem with our medical aid.

Ask your medical aid for a report of the figure they have used to compile the out of pocket amount and then you can do a recon.

I have a yearly schedule that I send them with the certificate as well as the documents of proof.
Show the differences separately.

SARS: " Qualifying medical expenditure paid during the year of assessment, ... "
Sorted it out a month or so ago already though :) thanks

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I pulled my latest SOA today and it shows "Electronic Refund" with a date for tomorrow for my 2015 amount. Yay! At least it's something - exactly 2 months after submitting my return (with nothing changed). Now to wait for the RFR for the 2018 reversal. Anyone have an idea on how long that takes, typically?