SARS E-Filing 2018

KingBel

Expert Member
Complaint lodged today in my case.. going on two months now waiting for a completion, even... never mind a bloody refund
What was the date that you submitted your last batch of supporting documents? Also, are you referring to a 2018 return or one for a previous year?

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
What was the date that you submitted your last batch of supporting documents? Also, are you referring to a 2018 return or one for a previous year?
2018 return... all of it handled by a tax practitioner. Supporting documents submitted and acknowledged 03 August...
Tax practitioner is getting irritated because nothing is happening.. so we're going to do the escalation route, if that fails then to the tax ombud

Cius

Executive Member
Submitted mine this morning, initial assessment was massively more than I expected. Over 3 times last year's amount. It equals about 4 months worth of tax. Anyways, they audited me and requested docs which I have just sent in. Now for the wait. Just hoping the amount is not adjusted downwards.

Cius

Executive Member
Submitted mine this morning, initial assessment was massively more than I expected. Over 3 times last year's amount. It equals about 4 months worth of tax. Anyways, they audited me and requested docs which I have just sent in. Now for the wait. Just hoping the amount is not adjusted downwards.
So I just got notice that there was a new communication for me to check. Got all excited thinking my audit was somehow done only to see it was just them acknowledging my uploaded docs. Tic Toc.

upup

Executive Member
I am waiting fore ever for the file to open. Only submitting my stuff now. Tried last night, now, and will try during the day. I suppose there servers are busy.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Update:
Now that they've been pushed... they decided to reduce my refund by 67%.
And that's now how it is... now waiting for the pithy little refund I get, despite all the medical expenses and caring for a child with a disability.

The Guptas... sure know how to ruin everything.

Leeash

Hi

I filed my return last week and received my assessment immediately with a refund due to me. Not selected for audit or verification. I have changed my bank account details this year and a note on the IT34 simply states: Please note: Your banking details verification process is still in progress. It may be necessary for you to come into a SARS branch to present supporting documentation however you will be notified if this is required.

I have not received any communication if I need to go into a SARS branch so not sure what the delay is in processing my refund as this is day 4 after filing my return

Did anyone on this forum have a similar issue and how long did it take for payout? I called the SARS call centre and all they did was confirm that my banking details have changed via efiling.

Pleeeeeeeeezzzze help ??

biena

Executive Member
Filed 9 August selected for audit once again (3rd year in a row)
Supporting document filed same day
Acknowledgment of supporting documents same day (20minutes after submitting it)
21 September notification from SARS that return is accepted / no adjustments (at 7pm on a friday)
Update: Received refund 27 September

Waiting for refund to show up in bank account.

What I found a bit weird is the documents description is "AutoComplete Letter", almost as if there was no real audit and it was just a delaying tactic, no refund date in the letter either.
FINALISATION OF AUDIT

The South African Revenue Service (SARS) is pleased to inform you that the Income Tax audit for the 2018 year(s) of assessment has been finalised and no adjustments have been made.

This audit was conducted based on the information and documentation available to SARS.

Should you have any other queries please call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277. Remember to have your taxpayer reference number at hand when you call to enable us to assist you promptly.

Sincerely

ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR THE SOUTH AFRICAN REVENUE SERVICE

Last edited:

KingBel

Expert Member
Hi

I filed my return last week and received my assessment immediately with a refund due to me. Not selected for audit or verification. I have changed my bank account details this year and a note on the IT34 simply states: Please note: Your banking details verification process is still in progress. It may be necessary for you to come into a SARS branch to present supporting documentation however you will be notified if this is required.

I have not received any communication if I need to go into a SARS branch so not sure what the delay is in processing my refund as this is day 4 after filing my return

Did anyone on this forum have a similar issue and how long did it take for payout? I called the SARS call centre and all they did was confirm that my banking details have changed via efiling.

Pleeeeeeeeezzzze help ??
Have you checked your Statement of Account for an Electronic Refund date?

Friedpet

How long do we wait for the audit these days? Sent in my supporting documents on the 15th of August already. No news since then

Leeash

The statement of account states that the information is not for verification or audit

Thank you very much for your quick response. I will check again after 7 days

Kamekazi25

Filed 9 August selected for audit once again (3rd year in a row)
Supporting document filed same day
Acknowledgment of supporting documents same day (20minutes after submitting it)
21 September notification from SARS that return is accepted / no adjustments (at 7pm on a friday)

Waiting for refund to show up in bank account.

What I found a bit weird is the documents description is "AutoComplete Letter", almost as if there was no real audit and it was just a delaying tactic, no refund date in the letter either.
I received the same " Autocomplete letter" and I was thinking the same. I called to confirm because I had received an email requesting I more documents earlier on Friday, call centre said I don't need to submit anything further. Not entirely convinced but will wait for the refund as advised.

oober

Expert Member
How long should a refund take? Received my ITA34 on 2018/08/11 but nothing yet.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I lodged a complaint a week and a half ago, no response since!
I filed all my documents on the 17th of August! SARS is useless!