SARS E-Filing 2018

smi

Expert Member
filed on tuesday, assessment completed by today, and i got Nothing, Nada, ziltch, nichego, niente.... :(

KingBel

Expert Member
I lodged a complaint a week and a half ago, no response since!
I filed all my documents on the 17th of August! SARS is useless!
Complaints process can take up to 21 working days. But send me a PM. I will check on the status.

Midnights_Ghost

I registered for efiling on Friday (21/09), authentication was completed on Tuesday (25/09). I did my efiling on the same day and Today I got the money back into my account. First time tax payer. Is that luck or is it just that they have less to go through to complete?

Pammyk

Filed 9 August selected for audit once again (3rd year in a row)
Supporting document filed same day
Acknowledgment of supporting documents same day (20minutes after submitting it)
21 September notification from SARS that return is accepted / no adjustments (at 7pm on a friday)
Update: Received refund 27 September

Waiting for refund to show up in bank account.

What I found a bit weird is the documents description is "AutoComplete Letter", almost as if there was no real audit and it was just a delaying tactic, no refund date in the letter either.
I received my completion letter on the 21 Sep, still no refund.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Got refund yesterday.. 1/3 of the amount originally they said they'd refund. The Guptas bled them dry!

KingBel

Expert Member
Got refund yesterday.. 1/3 of the amount originally they said they'd refund. The Guptas bled them dry!
If you do not agree with the amount, then you can apply for a Request for Reasons, or file an objection.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
If you do not agree with the amount, then you can apply for a Request for Reasons, or file an objection.
I am concerned if I do that I will be assessed differently and then be hammered for more tax.

elL0L

Expert Member
What to do you if you're eFiling isn't working? They deregistered me for some reason for tax returns.

Can't reregister for income tax - get a message saying technical error. After hours and hours on the call centre and multiple case numbers that was referred to IT, nobody is responding

KingBel

Expert Member
What to do you if you're eFiling isn't working? They deregistered me for some reason for tax returns.

Can't reregister for income tax - get a message saying technical error. After hours and hours on the call centre and multiple case numbers that was referred to IT, nobody is responding
Send your details to webmaster@sars.gov.za. eFiling login name and any screenshots.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Hi Guys,

I got this -

"
VERIFICATION OF ASSESSMENT

We refer to the verification of the assessment for the 2018 tax period. Please note that no adjustment has been made to this assessment. However, in terms of the Tax Administration Act the South African Revenue Service reserves the right to conduct further reviews in future if required."

But nothing else, what does this mean?

KingBel

Expert Member
Hi Guys,

I got this -

"
VERIFICATION OF ASSESSMENT

We refer to the verification of the assessment for the 2018 tax period. Please note that no adjustment has been made to this assessment. However, in terms of the Tax Administration Act the South African Revenue Service reserves the right to conduct further reviews in future if required."

But nothing else, what does this mean?
Means that your verification is done, and no changes have been made to your original assessment. Your refund should be paid within 7 working days. Perhaps check your SOA in a few days time to see if it gets updated.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Means that your verification is done, and no changes have been made to your original assessment. Your refund should be paid within 7 working days. Perhaps check your SOA in a few days time to see if it gets updated.
Thanks!

Midnights_Ghost

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

I earned "X" amount for the 2018 Tax year. The company declared to SARS that I earned "Y" which is approx. R4500 more than I did receive in that year. (I summed up all the amounts from my payslips). The same goes for the tax amount on my payslips as compared to my IRP5. The sum of all the tax amounts on my payslip is about R1000 less than what the company submitted on my IRP5. Is that normal or is something wrong here? I have no other deductions, only PAYE and UIF for the 2018 Tax year

KingBel

Expert Member
I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

I earned "X" amount for the 2018 Tax year. The company declared to SARS that I earned "Y" which is approx. R4500 more than I did receive in that year. (I summed up all the amounts from my payslips). The same goes for the tax amount on my payslips as compared to my IRP5. The sum of all the tax amounts on my payslip is about R1000 less than what the company submitted on my IRP5. Is that normal or is something wrong here? I have no other deductions, only PAYE and UIF for the 2018 Tax year
If you do find that there are discrepancies between your irp5 and what you have on record, please take it up with your company and ask them to correct the info with SARS. At the end of the day, it is your responsibility to keep your tax affairs in order, so you cannot later use the excuse that the company made a mistake.