SARS E-Filing 2019/20

sdenobrega

Hi
I submitted and was selected for verification.
Submitted supporting documents and assessment was completed.
They say the payment date is 31012021
When will they update the refund payment date?

Anonymous™

Hi
I submitted and was selected for verification.
Submitted supporting documents and assessment was completed.
They say the payment date is 31012021
When will they update the refund payment date?
They won't. You'll just be paid within ~72 hours.

TechGirl04

I submitted my return and was flagged for verification. The letter says I must check my balances and correct any incorrect amounts and resubmit. Or, if there are no issues or I don't know what to do, I must submit supporting docs.

Adjustments.jpg

I double checked my numbers and realised I did make a mistake with rental income figures. Can I just resubmit my return with the revised figures or do I have to provide all supporting docs too?

Koosvanwyk

I submitted my return and was flagged for verification. The letter says I must check my balances and correct any incorrect amounts and resubmit. Or, if there are no issues or I don't know what to do, I must submit supporting docs.

View attachment 885628

I double checked my numbers and realised I did make a mistake with rental income figures. Can I just resubmit my return with the revised figures or do I have to provide all supporting docs too?
Follow what the letter says. Resubmit correct return. You have already been selected for verification, so that will not go away/ change when you resubmit. After you resubmit, you will likely get a new request to submit documents for verification or SARS might change the verification to an audit and will inform you about that.

Last edited:

zerocool2009

Expert Member

View attachment 885628

Just apply for a correction. Correct it, resubmit and wait for the ITA34, and upload supporting docs. As easy as that

Koosvanwyk

I did that, now I'm being audited :/. First time I've ever been audited.
If yor tax is straight forward do not worry about it, you will hardly notice a difference. If you work for yourself, earn profit shares from partnerships, have mutliple rental properties etc then it can get interesting.

TechGirl04

If yor tax is straight forward do not worry about it, you will hardly notice a difference. If you work for yourself, earn profit shares from partnerships, have mutliple rental properties etc then it can get interesting.
I have rental properties. I submitted last year and it was fine. Anyway, I've submitted a bunch of supporting docs now to prove the amounts declared so I don't foresee major issues.

Last edited:

SyncopicNexus

Hi guys. I am new here and loving this robust forum. I am trying to file my taxes. All my info is there, but when i hit calculate it is giving me:

We could not display your calculation.
4482 - IRP5 L/S AMOUNT MISSING

Please help :( I did change jobs last November (that IRP5 is there).
I am in exactly the same situation. SARS says they can't help cause it is only suppose to be open in September and Momentum FundsAtWork (my previous employer pension fund) are just saying we have issued you the tax certificate it's your problem now. Tried explaining to the call center agent that the eFiling site clearly states that this needs to be rectified by the fund administrator cause it is 3rd party information that was submitted and the agent asked me how do they submit information to SARS cause it is my tax they can't get involved with that :crying:.

Any way hope yours is not with Momentum and you have better luck resolving this. Please let me know how you resolve it if you do.

jezzad

Logged in on Sunday to review the auto assessment. I have two IRP5’s on file (should be one) for companies I have never worked for.

Contacted our HR department, I have a feeling this year isn’t going to be as simple as previous years.

Anyone else have similar issue and know how to resolve?

GSRit01

For the first time in 11 years, they audited me. I had cited R450 out of pocket medical expenses.

After submitting the invoices last night, they were accepted within an hour and the verification passed - they will however not be considering the expenses; payment will be the same as originally assessed which I am fine with (basically audit case took 2 hours).

Hoping for payment tomorrow/Monday.
Wow. That is really quick.

I got letter for them asking for the retirement annuity amount I paid. Also around the R450 mark. I immediately sent the certificate from Liberty and I still haven't heard anything. That was Friday. You've hit a luck!

Just out of curiosity, what is your status after the audit was complete?

Thanks

GSRit01

Logged in on Sunday to review the auto assessment. I have two IRP5’s on file (should be one) for companies I have never worked for.

Contacted our HR department, I have a feeling this year isn’t going to be as simple as previous years.

Anyone else have similar issue and know how to resolve?
I had a problem 2 years ago.

They held back on my 2018 returns because I hadn't submitted tax for a company I worked for in 2007. I didn't submit because it was way below the threshold and I didn't have any other deductions.

It took dozens of calls and hours of hold them to tell me that I had worked for 2 different companies, which I hadn't. I argued and argued until the eventually told me the name. It was the same company which had changed their name from a trust to a CC. They could see that it's the same name with just Trust and CC just changed. Address the same, everything.

That business had closed ages ago and luckily they could get the one IRP5 from their accountant.

Maybe not exactly like yours.

Also, if you've received possibly a payout from a pension plan if you've left a job, that comes as a seperate IRP5.