Scammed - Skype chat logs required

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Hi I had lengthy conversation with a guy who eventually scammed me of considerable money. Now the bank won't accept the logs in csv or .doc they want the real makoya.

So how would I go about doing this? One option I was thinking about was an infographic style like continuous screenshots (he said they'd accept the screens).

Pilgrim

Wugger
Maybe use something like Fraps http://www.fraps.com/ to record your screen, then slowly scroll through the entire conversation.

That way they can see you are not modifying the chat or leaving anything out.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident

Thanks for that, but shows entire conversations with all Skype contacts, only want logs with this particular guy. Will play around some more though.

EDIT: but then again, this software exports as a document, which isn't what I require.

Maybe use something like Fraps http://www.fraps.com/ to record your screen, then slowly scroll through the entire conversation.

That way they can see you are not modifying the chat or leaving anything out.

Idea. Some form of short 5 min video proof and testimonial. Should enquire.

Last edited:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hi I had lengthy conversation with a guy who eventually scammed me of considerable money. Now the bank won't accept the logs in csv or .doc they want the real makoya.

So how would I go about doing this? One option I was thinking about was an infographic style like continuous screenshots (he said they'd accept the screens).

Tell us what happened so we can avoid this scam.

Peon

Expert Member
Yea, I would like to know how someone scammed money out of you on skype.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
No, I wasn't scammed on Skype. We just need additional evidence of what the original agreement was which wasn't honoured.

Anyways, video content is not accepted. Will have to try the screenshot conjoining.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
UPDATE: The bank accepted the image for Skype screenshots. Did a charge back. Refunded me money :)