SEACOM is down yet again

fbman

Someone should tell Seacom it's not a weekend... This only normally happens over the weekend..

latro

Gotta love how we get info here faster than with some of the ISP's :)

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
Charlfourie, am I right in assuming that every break in the green line at the bottom of the graph is Seacom downtime?

Paul_S

Expert Member
Charlfourie, am I right in assuming that every break in the green line at the bottom of the graph is Seacom downtime?

IIRC:
Cacti shows breaks in the graphs when it cannot gather SNMP stats from a device for 2 or more consecutive polling intervals. (I know it interpolates the data for one missing polling interval)
The default polling interval is 5 minutes so that means the breaks in the graph appear after 5 or more minutes of no data.
Then 3 successful, consecutive polls need to be performed (15minutes) before the graphing will resume so that means there will be a 15 minute break in the graph by default.
That is assuming that the standard settings are being used.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Everytime Seacom breaks now, I don't get upset.

As a matter of fact, I think of what Andrew (what his name) said... you pay for what you get...

I dunno, after his posts where he was so detailed - I actually don't get upset anymore with MWEB and SEACOM.

DragonMolester

Everytime Seacom breaks now, I don't get upset.

As a matter of fact, I think of what Andrew (what his name) said... you pay for what you get...

I dunno, after his posts where he was so detailed - I actually don't get upset anymore with MWEB and SEACOM.

Ditto to that, and since I'm at work having my home connection down isn't upsetting me as much either :whistling:

uchoose

15:17 4mb ADSL speedtest.net 0.3mb download on mweb uncapped, nope it ain't fixed.