MDKza

Hi All!

We have created a new ARK server for those interested.
We have fully active admins that are around more often than not.

Details about the server itself (for those looking for the details):

1. 24/7 Hosted at a local datacentre
  2. 8 cores
  3. 6 Gig Ram
  4. 200Gig HDD
  5. Restarts happen mostly early morning or late nights (warnings are issued an hour before restart, unless emergency restart is needed)
  6. PVP (rules are on the steam group page)

You can see the rules for the server here: SiC ARK Server

Two of the most active admins are myself and one of my friends 9l1ves.

Our steam URL's:
MDK
9lives

So if you have any questions or comments you can add us directly, on the group page or here.
Please come on down and join the server. We are looking forward to having all of you.

sjs1985

Awesome, been awhile since I have gamed with 9lives :)
I hope you are really strict with the griefers. Been griefed (base destroyed x2) off the previous server I played on - really frustrating.

MDKza

Yes we are definitely taking a no nonsense approach to it.

MDKza

Patch Notes for those interested:

Current Version: 180.1
- Fix for Supply Crates sometimes spawning at the World Origin, which would likely also would mess up players' ability to move
- Fixed inability to harvest certain resources
- Fixed inability to find "nearby foundations" when building sometimes
- Changed bullet/projectile damage multiplier on flyers to 4x rather than 6x
- Unversioned Hotfix: Decreased Mountain & Underwater Crystal Resources amounts by 50%

- Flyers now take approximately 6x damage from bullets and ranged projectiles.
- Fixed a missing value in thatch & wood structure settings, now effectively thatch and wood about 2.5x as resistant to damage as they were before.
- Fixed Swimmers (i.e. Megalodon) and Flyers dive/climb speeds -- they no longer leave the "sprinting" speed when diving/climbing
- Particle FX on activated structures now appear correctly after reloading in singleplayer
- Water Taps connected directly to intakes now work
- Stone wall is now colorizable
- Wild AI Targeting Range on Megalodons is reduced by 50%
- Added the unique Phiomia and Carnotaurus saddles
- Can't build signs near enemy foundations anymore, was used to grief people by wedging them into their homes etc
- Structures in PvE now have per-structure PvE allowed-demolish time, by default: 4 days for thatch/small utility structures, 8 days days for wood, 12 days for stone, and 16 days for metal
- Fixed hidden player hands when wearing gloves while riding a dino in FPV
- Explosions no longer damage structures thru walls/obstructions
- PvE now shows a "Anyone Can Demolish" timer on structures
- Can no longer... place sleeping bags/structures thru other player's/team's structures
- Can no longer melee attack people thru walls
- Can no longer place doors of multiple tiers over each other.
- Massive async level load/unload hitching reductions
- Fixed exploit with getting flyers underneath the World. If you do this, they will die. Also you can't pull-grab targets through the World either.
- Four new "PvE Hardcore" servers for North America, Europe, and Oceania -- each.
- Major map update: new resources (including summit and underwater Crystals), better visuals, better optimization, and WIP areas completed
- Approximate 15-20% server and client CPU perf gain!!!! combination of link time code generation and opcode optimizations

- 3GB+ RAM reduction for servers, ~1GB RAM+ reduction for clients. For serves over 50% memory savings!!!!!!!! Basically we've converted all our foliage structures to use data primitive types rather than "Objects" :)

- PhysX Bug fix: no more super-slow servers

- Client side GPU perf improvements: foliage batching rewrite
- New Server gameplay options exposed to the Host Game UI
- Fixed issue where foliage would sometimes respawn on your base or on your dinos
- Can no longer damage players through walls with pikes/grenades etc
- Can no longer strafe while prone
- Can no longer pull characters through ground with flyers
- Spear-killing a fish will now also instantly grab the fish so that you can stay out of the water
- Flyers no longer get into a bad flying state when saved while flying (work-around before v180: whistle for them to follow you , then whistle for them to stop after they start flying)
- Can no longer place structures if line of sight is broken by enemy structure
- Stone wall properly colorizable
- Crop plot saving issue fixed

MDKza

Updated server rules:

1. This is a pvp server. There will be people trying to kill you. People will raid your base and that is allowed (no base griefing is allowed). Defend yourself at all times.
2. All dinosaurs outside of a base are fair game. Doesn't matter what mode they are in, aggressive/passive etc. Dino's in base that are on passive are not to be messed with. You may kill any dino that attacks you.
3. Transfer windows are us being nice to the community and wanting our server to grow. We will tell you when these happen.
4. If we have any more transfer windows (in all likelihood we won't because of the issues we have had) no contact is to be made with any player outside of your tribe until said transfer windows is complete, an admin will tell you when this is.
5. During transfers you will tell an admin which obelisk you are downloading your character and dino's from so we can make sure you aren't bringing anything over the level limit or number onto the server.
6. Dino transfer level is 1 Dino per player. Nothing above level 45.
7. Please understand we are as new to this as you are so rules will change and be added/removed by admins.
8. Please don't abuse the in game chat. Any flaming or insulting of any kind will result in a ban.
9. Ban levels are as follows: 1st offence = 1 week, 2nd offence = 1 month, 3rd offence = perma ban.
10. If you feel something isn't fair and needs to be reported please try your best to get a screenshot or video of whatever you want to report and send an admin a message. We will try our best to help you all, we want this to be fair to everyone.
11. Going against any of these rules will get you a ban.
12. Listen to admins at all times or get a ban.
13. Only people who have been cleared for transfer are allowed to bring dino's/characters onto the server. Please speak to an admin about the next window.
14. If a rule isn't clear to you please speak to an admin and we will try our best to explain it to you or add rules if need be.
15. Have fun!

Doom5003

Bought ARK a few days ago, just need to download then ill come and join.

Chris_H

Expert Member
Had plenty of fun on this server over the weekend! Thanks MDK and 9l1ves for all the help on Saturday evening!

wackomedic911

Hey guys, this server is down since the 191 update! any idea when she will be back up and running?

DominionZA

Executive Member
Is the admin abuse on this server still rife?
We played on it for quite a while, and loved the low latency. Great server to jam on. Finding your stuff destroyed by admins was off putting though.
We moved to NAG which is nowhere near as good a server, but there is zero admin abuse so we tolerate it.

ActivateD

Expert Member
We played on it for quite a while, and loved the low latency. Great server to jam on. Finding your stuff destroyed by admins was off putting though.
We moved to NAG which is nowhere near as good a server, but there is zero admin abuse so we tolerate it.

Are you sure it was the admins they destroyed your stuff? Cause I know they do not tolerate that. The only time I know of the admins destroying stuff was when someone kept blocking caves. I am always on TS (muted) but available to assist (teamspeak.sicgaming.co.za)

MDKza

Hi,

Can you please PM me more details about this?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

We only destroy items that block caves because that's against the rules.