Skyfi WISP

Jimmy-Z

@skyfi guy what areas do you cover & how is the ping to UK? I'm looking at a wisp instead of ADSL, since Telkom refuses to fix my line

Skyfi Guy

@skyfi guy what areas do you cover & how is the ping to UK? I'm looking at a wisp instead of ADSL, since Telkom refuses to fix my line
Hi Jimmy,

We have 36 highsites in Gauteng and 3 in Durban North at the moment. best to pm your address and I can check if you are in one of our coverage areas. Also is there a particular server or service in the UK that I can ping for you? eg. Blizzard servers.?

Jimmy-Z

Hi Jimmy,

We have 36 highsites in Gauteng and 3 in Durban North at the moment. best to pm your address and I can check if you are in one of our coverage areas. Also is there a particular server or service in the UK that I can ping for you? eg. Blizzard servers.?
I'm in Cape Town, so I guess not.

Jimmy-Z

Indeed :( are vumatel coming to your area anytime soon? we're in the process of on-boarding with them, that's at present the only way we'd be able to help in Cpt.
Not that I know of. Openserve laid fibre about 6 months ago (not live on their coverage map yet) about a block away from where I live.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Hi Jimmy,

:p

Slaught3r

Expert Member
Welcome to the gauntlet @Skyfi Guy. Will you be taking support tickets on here as well, or just address the general rage that happens every now and then?

M@gn3t1c

Hello,

Daniel a.k.a the Skyfi Guy here, I'll be the representative for Skyfi on myBB ( I have been in contact with Mybroadband & once I have met their requirements they will make my account an official rep account).

Please feel free to reach me either on this thread or via pm with your queries.
Awesome. Welcome.

Skyfi Guy

Welcome to the gauntlet @Skyfi Guy. Will you be taking support tickets on here as well, or just address the general rage that happens every now and then?
Thanks,

I'll but doing the general rage thing BUT when you feel support have not done their job correctly then please pm me your ticket number, I'll investigate it & be a pain in their backsides until it's resolved.

Awesome. Welcome.
Thank you

Last edited:

Slaught3r

Expert Member
Is there currently a problem with international traffic? Getting timeouts when trying to reach some sites and I am unable to connect to the PUBG servers.

Skyfi Guy

Is there currently a problem with international traffic? Getting timeouts when trying to reach some sites and I am unable to connect to the PUBG servers.
Will have a chat to the techs and give you feedback about what happened.

Slaught3r

Expert Member
Guys had a look & sent me the graph from Sunday afternoon - both int'l pipes were up:
View attachment 465623
Irritating for you nonetheless; i hope it resolved itself quickly.
Yeah - Jancko had a look and didn't see anything wrong either. The High Site went down during the course of the day - once it came back online it seems to have sorted itself out. Will check my connection when I get home this arvie. Going to start downloading the new Call of Duty, so I hope its sorted... ;)

Mr.D

Hey everyone. I would definitely stay away from Skyfi. I have been with them since August 2016. I had fantastic internet for 3 months and since then have received substandard connectivity. For the last 2 months i have had an upload of between 0.01 - 0.05Mbs and a download of anything between 6mb - 14mb. I am currently on 10mb account with them. I stay in Verwoerdpark area. The latency is pretty good when the connection is up, however I have been experiencing very unstable synchronization to their high site.

I have had to call them between 3 - 5 days a week to reset and re sync my dish to their high site. I have been waiting for over a month for a technician to come through to address the upload issue without success despite having spoke to 6 different people and leaving countless messages at the office.

The sad thing is that the R4k you spend on the hardware upfront is useless if you cancel with them so you are kind stuck with them.

Call center support staff are always polite and try to help but it appears that their technical team and escalation procedures are seriously lacking.

I have been unable to use my line for email, gaming, skype, and most importantly remote sessions for work which makes paying the R740 bucks a month pretty moot. I can download files but even that is inconsistent and 60% of the time fails due to connection drops / link instability. ADSL was my first go to but Telkom do not have ports available and are not upgrading for some time in our area.

This may come across as mudslinging but I have been more than patient with these guys always tried to be polite and friendly but i'm past my wits end.

Hope this helps people not get trapped as I have.
Welcome to the world of SkyFi. Zero network consistency, Zero care about customer service, Zero care for incorrect double billing. 150% care for taking your money! Avoid these guys as far as possible in my opinion. They do not take this game seriously

Skyfi Guy

Welcome to the world of SkyFi. Zero network consistency, Zero care about customer service, Zero care for incorrect double billing. 150% care for taking your money! Avoid these guys as far as possible in my opinion. They do not take this game seriously
I am very sorry to hear that that was your experience.

I have been using skyfi since they started and it has been a bumpy road but they are maturing and getting there ducks in a row
As ghnubst said, it has been a bumpy road; as a young company we have had some very hard lessons to learn but I do believe we are getting it right at present. Our network is stable. we have competent support staff available 7 days a week from 8am till 10pm and we changed over to Sage for our debit orders which so far have run error free.

Skyfi Guy

Skyfi Guy, please check out my account. My connection keeps dropping...
Have done so;

Please check now for me? we could not connect to the high site ourselves for a few minutes but it is now back online.

I will get technical to give me a report on what happened and will let you know.