So I went to Capitec

Went too draw some cash this afternoon..


64510ddfb40a20cb0ab75a762fb0cdc5.jpg
 
So Capitec caters for the most people? That's the only fact I see here that matters.
 
I love the current site, it loads quick and I almost never see it because of the awesome mobile app.

:p
The apps great but I prefer working on my laptop as I'm in front of it all day. The one thing that I find annoying about the app is only being able to view incoming or outgoing on the statement, not an actual statement with both together, unless I'm missing something
 
So I might consider moving to Capitec as I'm getting shafted by ABSA wrt bank charges.

How does a transfer of funds from a FNB account take to reflect in a Capitec account?
 
So I might consider moving to Capitec as I'm getting shafted by ABSA wrt bank charges.

How LONG does a transfer of funds from a FNB account take to reflect in a Capitec account?

If you do it now it should be available by tomorrow morning. If you do it in the morning, it usually available before COB.
 
If you do it now it should be available by tomorrow morning. If you do it in the morning, it usually available before COB.

Thanks. My salary still gets paid by EFT between 8 & 10am from the companies FNB account. With ABSA it only reflects 19h30 to 20h00 the same day.
 
So I might consider moving to Capitec as I'm getting shafted by ABSA wrt bank charges.

How does a transfer of funds from a FNB account take to reflect in a Capitec account?

Thanks. My salary still gets paid by EFT between 8 & 10am from the companies FNB account. With ABSA it only reflects 19h30 to 20h00 the same day.

My salary gets sent from ABSA at 9am. Money is in my Capitec account before 7pm the same night. Same applied when I EFT from my dormant FNB account to Capitec. Technically same day and you earn interest on those bucks for the day.
 
Thanks. My salary still gets paid by EFT between 8 & 10am from the companies FNB account. With ABSA it only reflects 19h30 to 20h00 the same day.

I have been banking with Capitec for quite a number of years, I can tell you, salaries normally reflect immediately after the employers bank tape run. When opening your account, there is a process that you go through that they capture your employers information so the system is "aware" of when your salary will come in. They normally also give you a stamped bank letter for the employer with all the relevant banking details on.
 
I have been banking with Capitec for quite a number of years, I can tell you, salaries normally reflect immediately after the employers bank tape run. When opening your account, there is a process that you go through that they capture your employers information so the system is "aware" of when your salary will come in. They normally also give you a stamped bank letter for the employer with all the relevant banking details on.

Thanks, my employer still does manual eft for salary payments.
 
Ours gets paid at random times. Everyone who banks with FNB shows up immediately, being with Capitec myself, it only shows after 6PM, but it doesn't make too much of a difference.
 
My company is with FNB, salaries get loaded manually every month. My salary always shows up in my Capitec account the same day. Because a lot of guys is with Absa, we decided to pay salaries on the 23rd every month so that the money shows in their Absa accounts by the 25th, so because of Capitec payday for me is always on the 23rd.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X