Sous Vide immersion circulator

calypso

Expert Member
Newest Anova model is available locally, anovaculinary dot co dot za
Did some pork ribs a couple days ago (36hr @ 62.8C), they turned out flipping brilliantly! Planning to try pork belly this weekend, cant wait!
R2999 for a Nano? No thanks. I got mine on amazon.co.uk for alot less.

zack89

Hmm you must have gotten lucky then, when I looked last week they only had the older anova model in 220V, not the nano. Also I specifically didnt want the old one as there are many reports online of steam getting inside and frying the circuit board. Oh well, I'm very happy with mine

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Hmm you must have gotten lucky then, when I looked last week they only had the older anova model in 220V, not the nano. Also I specifically didnt want the old one as there are many reports online of steam getting inside and frying the circuit board. Oh well, I'm very happy with mine
Do you know if this actually comes from Anova themselves or is it a grey import? Also local warranty?

EDIT: I cannot find contact information for these guys at all on their page...?

Last edited:

zack89

I suppose they were probably imported from Europe somewhere, it has been manufactured with one of those round 2 prong plugs and not the SA 3 prong

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I suppose they were probably imported from Europe somewhere, it has been manufactured with one of those round 2 prong plugs and not the SA 3 prong
Maybe but how can there be no contact info on their site at all..? Weird...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Surely since the site is more than likely yours, you know where it came from?

I mean honestly, you register for this site 3 weeks after the domain gets registered.

Also hiding behind Domain Privacy on the domain registration (whilst not strange really) AND having zero contact details on the site itself, screams SCAM to me.

**EDIT**
Ok, so there is reference to Techtoys in the T&C's, and they are registered against 67 Wessels Str on the domain which is a scam registration from many many site.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
For completeness sake.

The site has been reported to Anova in the states and they state that there is no affiliation to Anova themselves and they are investigating and will take whatever action is necessary after their investigation.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
For completeness sake.

The site has been reported to Anova in the states and they state that there is no affiliation to Anova themselves and they are investigating and will take whatever action is necessary after their investigation.
I did the same and got the same response back then(only saw your post now).