Spoke too soon (regarding speed)

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Hi all

Looks like I spoke too soon - my i5 promo was good for the whole of May, but since the first of June it's been atrociuos. Now I do not know if that's a coincidence or not, but I was still getting between 1 and 3.8 Mbps on the 2nd last day of May, when I ran out.

Now, in June, I have been noticing very bad speeds every day, and my speed only picks up to about 0.6Mbps, when it usually goes around minimum 2Mbps.

Could it be that 8ta gives new clients awesome service in the first month only?

This level of speed is really not acceptable.

Shephard

Same thing happened to me on the 1st of May. For the months before that my speed was great and then suddenly from the 1st of May I started getting terrible speeds and I still am. Saw posts from others in Cape Town also saying that from the 1st of May their speed suddenly took a huge dip. Offcourse they will never admit to what is really going on, but it seems 8ta is throttling users/regions or making changes which comes into effect on the 1st of a month. Whatever they are doing, users who had great speed before are suddenly left with the opposite and that's definitely not acceptable

Last edited:

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Same thing happened to me on the 1st of May. For the months before that my speed was great and then suddenly from the 1st of May I started getting terrible speeds and I still am. Saw posts from others in Cape Town also saying that from the 1st of May their speed suddenly took a huge dip. Offcourse they will never admit to what is really going on, but it seems 8ta is throttling users/regions or making changes which comes into effect on the 1st of a month. Whatever they are doing, users who had great speed before are suddenly left with the opposite and that's definitely not acceptable

Seems to be a trend then... Clearly something fishy. How would one go about cancelling the contract via the CPA if this were to continue, because clearly it's not up to standard?

So you say you had great speeds on it for multiple months before 1 May, meaning that April was not your first month? If so, that has squashed my '1st month preferential treatment' theory. :sick: Had a suspicion before that - because customers can cancel within 7 days if not happy - they make sure the transfer is good for the whole first month.

Oh well, will see how it goes.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Really 8ta, really? It just keeps getting worse. Basically unusable - 0.3Mbps:
1997571096.png

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi all

Looks like I spoke too soon - my i5 promo was good for the whole of May, but since the first of June it's been atrociuos. Now I do not know if that's a coincidence or not, but I was still getting between 1 and 3.8 Mbps on the 2nd last day of May, when I ran out.

Now, in June, I have been noticing very bad speeds every day, and my speed only picks up to about 0.6Mbps, when it usually goes around minimum 2Mbps.

Could it be that 8ta gives new clients awesome service in the first month only?

This level of speed is really not acceptable.

Hi, we would like to help

Please email your details, as requested in this thread, to social@8ta.com: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...ions-amp-Coverage-Problems-–-click-here-first!

Thank you
8ta

Last edited:

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
Add me to the list as well. First month decent speeds, now I'm battling and seem to be capped at 30kB/s per connection.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi

Has everyone sent us the information? If yes and you would like feedback, please provide your reference numbers, if not, please do so as soon as you can. We are unable to do anything unless it is reported and the correct process is followed.

Regards,
Social Media Team

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Add me to the list as well. First month decent speeds, now I'm battling and seem to be capped at 30kB/s per connection.

Hi BobsLawnService

Which websites are you downloading from?

Regards,
Social Media Team