Springbok rugby coach developments...

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
To be replaced by more incompetence.
Yeah, I think they've chased anyone with enough competence away to greener pastures.

Even if they hired Graham Henry, he'd still need to deal with politics, lack of sponsorships, lack of player talent left in the country etc.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Rassie is going to have the same thick as two planks players, we get outsmarted by everyone. Rassie is not going to make the players anymore intelligent.
You mean the same as those players that are paid big bucks overseas and shine in overseas club teams?

AC, simply, did not make the grade as a test-team coach.

Rassie will make a difference - especially if, as I just read, they do away with that 30 test match rule for overseas players (which is what Rassie is pushing for).

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Pick.the.right.damn.player.for.the.damn.position

.... and we'll start moving on up again

thestaggy

Honorary Master
There is no doubting the fact that SARU is rammed full of bellends, but AC needs to take his own share of the blame. If SARU did set him up to fail as he claims, they were not responsible for the ill-prepared teams he turned out.

Splinter

Honorary Master
There is no doubting the fact that SARU is rammed full of bellends, but AC needs to take his own share of the blame. If SARU did set him up to fail as he claims, they were not responsible for the ill-prepared teams he turned out.
He did get a bit of a raw deal his first year, with certain coaching staff imposed on him. However, second year he had no complaints.

Of course, AC somehow misses the fact that if he had been set up to fail, he would have had a performance clause inserted into his contract..

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Not a lot of time for the new coach to get a squad prepped and ready for England. Will we accept a series loss bearing this in mind?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Not a lot of time for the new coach to get a squad prepped and ready for England. Will we accept a series loss bearing this in mind?
If the team run out and lose, but I see structure and a commitment to a style of play that isn't wrapped in a decade old Stormers/Bulls skin, I'm in.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
If the team run out and lose, but I see structure and a commitment to a style of play that isn't wrapped in a decade old Stormers/Bulls skin, I'm in.
Spot on, that's all every supporter truly wants. Losses are easier to bear when you can see the build up happening

Splinter

Honorary Master
Who gives a fudge about style of play - AC and co were going to have "attacking rugby".

As long as the bokke start winning again and restore some pride in the jersey, I don't care how they do it.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
And this is what the mighty bokke have been reduced to - fans accepting losses as long as the team looked ok doing so.
No, accepting a couple losses on a rebuild is fine, always has been to a lot of fans but if there has to be marked improvement after those couple games. I don't stand for shyte with rugby, I speak out quicker than most.

Splinter

Honorary Master
No, accepting a couple losses on a rebuild is fine, always has been to a lot of fans but if there has to be marked improvement after those couple games. I don't stand for shyte with rugby, I speak out quicker than most.
Well, you did quote greg in your post, and he was referring to a "I don't care if they lose, as long as they look good" type scenario.

But hey, what are sports fans if not people with opinions :)

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
He did get a bit of a raw deal his first year, with certain coaching staff imposed on him. However, second year he had no complaints.

Of course, AC somehow misses the fact that if he had been set up to fail, he would have had a performance clause inserted into his contract..
The only reason he was ever successful at provincial level, was because of the immense defensive structures - the Stormers barely scored tries under him.

And the defense was all Jacques Nienaber's work...

qscwbt

Expert Member
We have a different coach every time
Doing the same thing
and expecting a different outcome every time.

get a NZ coach and teach the boks, basics, ball handling, running rugby and please show them how to play intelligent rugby.