Suggestions: colour laser printer

lupedelupe

A brief bit of history:
Had HP 5L (mono) laser, was exceedingly happy with it but started to struggle to find cartridges for it.
Had Samsung wifi colour laser. Never again. never Samsung anything again.
Have HP wifi colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax combo, pretty good but the ink cartridges cost more than craft beer and the thing is starting to struggle printing more than 4 pages without moaning about a paper jam that doesn't exist.

The obvious choice is to have the HP serviced, hoping that clears the phantom jam issue, but since the device hasn't lived up to old HP standards I am inclined to replace.

1. I need the copier/printer setup
  2. Fast page scanner (that will cope with a stack of pages, not one page at a time)
  3. Wi-fi not necessary but networkable is
  4. Must be colour, however 98% of what it prints will be mono
  5. Economical mono page rate (I'd imagine this rules out inkjet?)
  6. Reasonably priced and easily obtainable cartridges
  7. Reliable

Print volumes will be low by even small-office standards, so leasing a machine highly unlikely to be economical.

Open to all your suggestions. :whistling:

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Only Samsung product I own at home is a Samsung printer. Bloody awesome piece of kit, and it was not that expensive either.

lupedelupe

Only Samsung product I own at home is a Samsung printer. Bloody awesome piece of kit, and it was not that expensive either.

Thanks. But I won't even consider another Samsung product. Have been burned by one of their premium printers, which their own service reps regarded as a complete dud.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
A brief bit of history:
Had HP 5L (mono) laser, was exceedingly happy with it but started to struggle to find cartridges for it.
Had Samsung wifi colour laser. Never again. never Samsung anything again.
Have HP wifi colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax combo, pretty good but the ink cartridges cost more than craft beer and the thing is starting to struggle printing more than 4 pages without moaning about a paper jam that doesn't exist.

The obvious choice is to have the HP serviced, hoping that clears the phantom jam issue, but since the device hasn't lived up to old HP standards I am inclined to replace.

1. I need the copier/printer setup
  2. Fast page scanner (that will cope with a stack of pages, not one page at a time)
  3. Wi-fi not necessary but networkable is
  4. Must be colour, however 98% of what it prints will be mono
  5. Economical mono page rate (I'd imagine this rules out inkjet?)
  6. Reasonably priced and easily obtainable cartridges
  7. Reliable

Print volumes will be low by even small-office standards, so leasing a machine highly unlikely to be economical.

Open to all your suggestions. :whistling:

Feeders get old and perish then don't feed paper properly.

Have it serviced, they will replace the feeders and it will be good as new.