Super budget 7 seater help please

Craig_

Honorary Master
IMG_20210913_083533.jpg

This is the caddy's task this morning, and I'm loading this thing up. Doubt that the other vehicles mentioned here will be as capable.

flytek

I'm sure the caddy is good.
We've had 2 in the past. One was an absolute dog because the engine was never right no matter what we tried.
The other is still running and is a daily workhorse...but they are a bit over budget most likely.

Craig_

Honorary Master
I'm sure the caddy is good.
We've had 2 in the past. One was an absolute dog because the engine was never right no matter what we tried.
The other is still running and is a daily workhorse...but they are a bit over budget most likely.

Yeah, the caddy keeps its value really well unfortunately. It would be worth a little extra when compared to the cars mentioned here, except the mazda 5 maybe.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Used Zafira OPC

177kw mated to a 6SPD stick shift, you can have fun while hauling the family!

My wife's friend and her husband had a zafira, the normal one, they almost wanted an exorcist for that. Horribly unreliable.

CUZ_458

Honda Mobilio.. like the avanza its popular among the uber drivers but from your list it would probably be the most reliable and less likely to be stolen . Also genuine honda parts from the dealerships are not much more expensive compared to Toyota and others

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
The Honda Mobilio is also an option, The Brio vibes are bad but it has a 1.5 engine and it is a Honda, he'll have plenty of time to save for parts before it breaks.
The Mobilo is a taxi and its an Indian Honda so can't really be compared with the other Honda's
The BRV is the one to consider.

flytek

Honda Mobilio.. like the avanza its popular among the uber drivers but from your list it would probably be the most reliable and less likely to be stolen . Also genuine honda parts from the dealerships are not much more expensive compared to Toyota and others
My mechanic said they are very hard to get spares for as they were a bit rare. But I agree they were top of my list

flytek

Mazda 5 seems a bit thirsty but otherwise nice.
Honda fr-v i'm shy of for the same reason as mobilio...rarer car and parts could be hard to find. I could be wrong. I keep getting warned off old hondas for part rarity or cost. Might not always be true.
Ertiga could work yes if i can find one.
Avanza kinda in the lead though.
Cheap and plentiful parts, small engine, hopefully reliable...in the western cape so not such a theft risk i hope.
Nissan nv200 too expensive...budget is maybe just too tight.