Takealot is not refunding me, help needed please.

UnholyPenguin

Hi guys, First time posting here so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place or wrong format.

I bought my boyfriend a Christmas gift from Takealot and because Murphy's Law follows me everywhere, the gift was faulty. Great. I logged a return request and asked for a refund. They came to my apartment building and collected the item on 27 Dec 2018 (It's worth noting, we have security cameras everywhere here, so I have proof of the return taking place). I received an SMS stating that my order has been collected with the date and time, order number and return ref number and that it will take 2-3 days to reach the warehouse. Ok cool. I waited a week because of the public holidays. I dropped them an email on 2 Jan 2018 asking the status of my return as the website still shows the item has not yet been collected. The lady said she will look into it and revert. An hour later I checked the site and the status of the return changed to "return cancelled, return concluded".

So I email AGAIN. I got a reply saying they " are chasing up the relevant parties and promise to get back to me as soon as possible". After that I've gotten so many emails saying they are still investigating and a few more emails stating it is being "escalated to xxxx department". Today I got a call from them saying that I returned the wrong item. How even is that possible. The courier guy knew what he was collecting the day he came, he saw it was the correct item and took a photo of it. So I told the lady it's not possible, I am 125% sure I gave the correct item, I have a witness (security guard) and CCTV Footage. She then said she will escalate it to the courier company.

I don't know what to do anymore. I complained at Takealot, I complained on HelloPeter (no respond), I have solid proof that I returned the correct item and that it was in fact collected. I do not know what to do anymore. Where can I escalate this to? It has been nearly 3 weeks and they are back at square one.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Hi guys, First time posting here so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place or wrong format.

I bought my boyfriend a Christmas gift from Takealot and because Murphy's Law follows me everywhere, the gift was faulty. Great. I logged a return request and asked for a refund. They came to my apartment building and collected the item on 27 Dec 2018 (It's worth noting, we have security cameras everywhere here, so I have proof of the return taking place). I received an SMS stating that my order has been collected with the date and time, order number and return ref number and that it will take 2-3 days to reach the warehouse. Ok cool. I waited a week because of the public holidays. I dropped them an email on 2 Jan 2018 asking the status of my return as the website still shows the item has not yet been collected. The lady said she will look into it and revert. An hour later I checked the site and the status of the return changed to "return cancelled, return concluded".

So I email AGAIN. I got a reply saying they " are chasing up the relevant parties and promise to get back to me as soon as possible". After that I've gotten so many emails saying they are still investigating and a few more emails stating it is being "escalated to xxxx department". Today I got a call from them saying that I returned the wrong item. How even is that possible. The courier guy knew what he was collecting the day he came, he saw it was the correct item and took a photo of it. So I told the lady it's not possible, I am 125% sure I gave the correct item, I have a witness (security guard) and CCTV Footage. She then said she will escalate it to the courier company.

I don't know what to do anymore. I complained at Takealot, I complained on HelloPeter (no respond), I have solid proof that I returned the correct item and that it was in fact collected. I do not know what to do anymore. Where can I can I escalate this to? It has been nearly 3 weeks and they are back at square one.
Make sure to save the CCTV footage before it is overwritten.

Take a screenshot from the CCTV footage showing the item you returned so they can see it was the correct item. Phone them and ask for the lady by name, tell her you have the proof and want a firm deadline as to when this will be sorted.

UnholyPenguin

Make sure to save the CCTV footage before it is overwritten.

Take a screenshot from the CCTV footage showing the item you returned so they can see it was the correct item. Phone them and ask for the lady by name, tell her you have the proof and want a firm deadline as to when this will be sorted.
We thought about doing that. As soon as my bf and I have time today we will go to reception and ask if they can let us view it. Thanks for the reply.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Be patient...TakeaLot are pretty good when it comes to delivery and returns...I've had no issues with either.. surprisingly for an online retailer in this day and age!

I'm sure they just a wee overloaded atm with every Tom , Dick and Sally returning their unwanted / broken/ faulty goods after the Xmas and New Year hangovers and accompanying sobering financial regrets amongst other things ...