Telkom ADSL Speed Upgrades

Jiggey China

Hi all,

I'm wondering, please advise if possible.

What happens if you want to change ISP for Pure DSL. For instance if you are with Vox and wanted to change to Axxess? Would you use the same infrastructure and you just cancel with Vox or you place an order with Axxess so that they can notify Openserve to install another line at your home?

Seeing as both Afrihost and Axxess are keen and quick to implement upgrades for customers and Vox seems opposed to the idea, I'd rather go with a company that offers me more value. As the saying goes, we vote with our wallet.

I want to wait and see for a month or two before making a leap too quick but would like to know how the process goes.

Thanks

Grouter

Expert Member
I'm on 20Mb, but I'm not sure I'm close enough to the exchange to officially support 40Mb, so can't be certain my line will be bumped up.
Same boat. I'm thinking I don't want the upgrade...:unsure:
Don't want even worse SNR and disconnects in my life.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi all,

I'm wondering, please advise if possible.

What happens if you want to change ISP for Pure DSL. For instance if you are with Vox and wanted to change to Axxess? Would you use the same infrastructure and you just cancel with Vox or you place an order with Axxess so that they can notify Openserve to install another line at your home?

Seeing as both Afrihost and Axxess are keen and quick to implement upgrades for customers and Vox seems opposed to the idea, I'd rather go with a company that offers me more value. As the saying goes, we vote with our wallet.

I want to wait and see for a month or two before making a leap too quick but would like to know how the process goes.

Thanks

With Pure Connect from Openserve there is no holding pools and migrations unfortunately.

It's cancel (which is called cease by Openserve) and provide. The current line will be cancelled and the new ISP will order a new provide order and an Openserve tech will come and enable the line for the new order.

Jiggey China

Hi all,

So Vox has confirmed that they will go ahead with the speed increases and didn't want to get left behind by competition, after they complained about having to account for some additional capacity.

Glad they went along with the upgrades, but they haven't listed prices yet like Afrihost and Axxess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-103337.png
    Screenshot_20210226-103337.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 24

Jiggey China

Hi all,

So Vox has confirmed that they will go ahead with the speed increases and didn't want to get left behind by competition, after they complained about having to account for some additional capacity.

Glad they went along with the upgrades, but they haven't listed prices yet like Afrihost and Axxess.
Further to the above, seems 20Mbps will be R575 going forward

Jiggey China

With Pure Connect from Openserve there is no holding pools and migrations unfortunately.

It's cancel (which is called cease by Openserve) and provide. The current line will be cancelled and the new ISP will order a new provide order and an Openserve tech will come and enable the line for the new order.
Hi @AfriNatic thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi is this across all ISPs?

Yes these were done on Openserve side.

For DSL the port resets triggers the new sync speed profile to be activated.

For Fibre the line speed provisioning has been done already and there should have been a minute or so of no internet last night when the upgrades took place.

Grouter

Expert Member
The profiles have been loaded and changed on Openserve but it required a port reset for the new sync speeds to kick in.
Ah, I see. I wish I was an Afrihost customer, I believe I could do it on my portal....
Trying to get someone at vox to do this....... :unsure: