Telkom ADSL Speed Upgrades

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
That's probably the line only. What's the cost of an uncapped ISP account for each of those speeds? That would need to be added...

We are still reviewing the changes and the way forward. Our sister company Axxess has already reduced the pricing significantly for DSL.

Grouter

Expert Member
Just got this from Vox in my mail:

Dear Customer​

Openserve, our upstream provider and the owner of the DSL network infrastructure in your area, will be doubling their DSL line speeds as of 1 March 2021, per the table below.

Vox will automatically upgrade these line speeds in keeping with Openserve's service changes at no additional cost.

Current ServiceUpgraded Service*
5/0.5 Mbps10/1 Mbps
10/1 Mbps20/2 Mbps
20/2 Mbps40/10 Mbps
40/10 MbpsN/A

SAevolved09

The upgrades were completed last night by Openserve for both Fibre and ADSL.
does this mean speeds should be increased already? asking cause my speed is still the same. or will the changes only reflect from the 1st? on openserve/afrihost fibre btw

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
does this mean speeds should be increased already? asking cause my speed is still the same. or will the changes only reflect from the 1st? on openserve/afrihost fibre btw

With fibre the lines have already been upgraded there might be a few still that is being done but so far the most have been done from what I could see on the Openserve portal.

Our fibre accounts are speed capped to match the line speed. Since these upgrades have been done we will adjust the accounts accordingly from the 1st and then the new speeds will kick in.

SAevolved09

With fibre the lines have already been upgraded there might be a few still that is being done but so far the most have been done from what I could see on the Openserve portal.

Our fibre accounts are speed capped to match the line speed. Since these upgrades have been done we will adjust the accounts accordingly from the 1st and then the new speeds will kick in.
ahh I see thanks, literally gna stay up to watch the speed change on the 1st, just 2 months ago was sitting with 2 mbps adsl so this is big for me lol

Last edited:

Totempole

Expert Member
The upgrades were completed last night by Openserve for both Fibre and ADSL.

Mine VDSL line is still chugging along at 20Mb as well. My line is with you guys. Will turn my router off while I'm away this afternoon and see if anything changes by the time I get back.

Nothing I can do in the clientzone except for the "Test My Line" function. Just says current sync 22Mbps etc.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Mine VDSL line is still chugging along at 20Mb as well. My line is with you guys. Will turn my router off while I'm away this afternoon and see if anything changes by the time I get back.

Nothing I can do in the clientzone except for the "Test My Line" function. Just says current sync 22Mbps etc.

Send me a pm with your line number let me have a look quickly.

Totempole

Expert Member
Send me a pm with your line number let me have a look quickly.
10997745690.png

Thanks again @AfriNatic :)