Telkom ADSL Speed Upgrades

pedruid

Expert Member
Has everyone received the speed upgrades? Line at work was upgraded from 10mbps to 20mbps in the middle of the month - but home line is still on 10mbps. I have set the modem to VDSL and it connects to the internet, all settings is correct. Hope it gets upgraded soon - I want to enjoy the same speeds at home!!
Mie was ugraded to 20 Mbps after i got them to reset my port.

DanyaalShah

Got bumped to 40Mb but speed tests still on 20Mb?
Happened to me as well on Telkom. I just told them to downgrade me back to 20mb. Got tired of beating around the bush. Sales department was telling me that my account is only 20mbps even though line is syncing at 40mbps and that I needed to pay for them to change the package to 40mbps lol.

MEG101

I am very happy to report that my line was bumped to 20mbps overnight. Happy to cruise at lekker fast speeds. Line stars are attached. Maybe later I will upgrade to 40mbps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-152614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-152614_Chrome.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 45

Stiffmeister

Speedtest on 20mbps VDSL with Axxess.
You're actually on ADSL2+
You should give a call to whoever is handling your line to change your modulation to VDSL. Your speed test also shows some packet loss which isn't good. Had a similar issue with 20MB ADSL2+ in the past but VDSL fixed these issues.

MEG101

You're actually on ADSL2+
You should give a call to whoever is handling your line to change your modulation to VDSL. Your speed test also shows some packet loss which isn't good. Had a similar issue with 20MB ADSL2+ in the past but VDSL fixed these issues.
Thank you for the reply. I will give them a call to sort this out.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
muchness of peoples

so how can I find out if our area actually supports the speed upgrade, without actually putting in an order?

Openserve coverage map says "You Are VDSL Ready" but the speed icon just shows 10Mb

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
muchness of peoples

so how can I find out if our area actually supports the speed upgrade, without actually putting in an order?

Openserve coverage map says "You Are VDSL Ready" but the speed icon just shows 10Mb

If you want you can pm me your address an I can confirm for you.