Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

xbmcfan

Anyone have any ideas?
You can use Yatse(a remote control app) on your phone and install Kodi on the box.
Then you can play music from your home network or phone on the box after you setup a UPnP server.
You can also use apps like BubbleUPnP to play music and send it to a UPnP compatible app on the box.
Just don't expect to play videos on the Lit Box as the micro stutters will drive you crazy since it doesn't support auto frame-rate switching like the Mi box.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
You can use Yatse(a remote control app) on your phone and install Kodi on the box.
Then you can play music from your home network or phone on the box after you setup a UPnP server.
You can also use apps like BubbleUPnP to play music and send it to a UPnP compatible app on the box.
Just don't expect to play videos on the Lit Box as the micro stutters will drive you crazy since it doesn't support auto frame-rate switching like the Mi box.
Play videos on LIT box via VLC without issues, but do not use Kodi.

Dolby

Honorary Master
What, the Mi-Box is on 9 isn't it or is 8 the latest?
The Ematic is on Android 9.0 if you guy it now - the ones in field haven't been upgraded yet though. Will be shortly though.
The LIT is still Android 8.0 - but will also start the upgrade process to Android 9.0 very shortly.

You're hardly going to see any different between 8 and 9 though :(

airborne

Honorary Master
Thanks for the tips, I just want to view what an app on the Lit is playing and be able to play/pause skip/rewind on my phone, is that possible with any app you can install on Android TV?

psion

The Ematic is on Android 9.0 if you guy it now - the ones in field haven't been upgraded yet though. Will be shortly though.
The LIT is still Android 8.0 - but will also start the upgrade process to Android 9.0 very shortly.

You're hardly going to see any different between 8 and 9 though :(
Do you know if the upgrade to 9.0 enable's the dolby digital plus conversion to normal dolby digital like the mi box does now after 9.0? This would save me from buying a new device/receiver/tv.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Do you know if the upgrade to 9.0 enable's the dolby digital plus conversion to normal dolby digital like the mi box does now after 9.0? This would save me from buying a new device/receiver/tv.
I'm not sure, sorry ... :(

airborne

Honorary Master
When using the assistant how do you get search results other than YouTube video's?

airborne

Honorary Master
When using the assistant how do you get search results other than YouTube video's?
Anyone have any ideas on the above, super annoying not being able to do normal Google searches?

Has anyone had an issue with their Lit box not remembering a BT keyboard after switching off?
I have to add my Logitech BT keypad every time I switch the device on.

Also what does the IR do, can you use something like a universal IR remote to control the LIT box?
That would be sick because the stock remote doesn't have even basic play/pause and skip media controls.

psion

Anyone have any ideas on the above, super annoying not being able to do normal Google searches?

Has anyone had an issue with their Lit box not remembering a BT keyboard after switching off?
I have to add my Logitech BT keypad every time I switch the device on.

Also what does the IR do, can you use something like a universal IR remote to control the LIT box?
That would be sick because the stock remote doesn't have even basic play/pause and skip media controls.
Not sure on the rest but the logitech harmony works on it perfectly fine with ir. There is a profile loaded for the telkom lit box on their database. When telkom/nology updated to android 8 they took some functionality away from the lit box like dedicated pause and play and some others. Now you need to use the ok/enter button as an all in one type thing which is a step backwards.
Not sure why or if they mistakenly changed the keyboard.xml file

airborne

Honorary Master
Not sure on the rest but the logitech harmony works on it perfectly fine with ir. There is a profile loaded for the telkom lit box on their database. When telkom/nology updated to android 8 they took some functionality away from the lit box like dedicated pause and play and some others. Now you need to use the ok/enter button as an all in one type thing which is a step backwards.
Thanks, not having dedicated media buttons mapped when in a media program sux balls.
What map in loaded on your Logitech harmony remote that you use on the Lit?

rodga

Executive Member
Wasn't that an android tv requirement? For Google certification?

alqassam

Expert Member
I'm having an issue

Lit box > Hisense 4k > Samsung 5.1 the over HDMI arc

I'm having issues where sounds does not play or only the side chanels play and not the centre one. This is on MX player pro/ VLC using cyberflix type apps. If I change to the TV speaker this happens as well so it's not the ARC connection.

Everything works fine when playing straight from the TV.

What could be the issue?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I'm having an issue

Lit box > Hisense 4k > Samsung 5.1 the over HDMI arc

I'm having issues where sounds does not play or only the side chanels play and not the centre one. This is on MX player pro/ VLC using cyberflix type apps. If I change to the TV speaker this happens as well so it's not the ARC connection.

Everything works fine when playing straight from the TV.

What could be the issue?
Try another HDMI cable, or see what happens via Optical cable

Either that or the movie isn't actually 5.1 output, but maybe only 2.0 or 2.1.. Does it happen via Netflix or other apps as well?

alqassam

Expert Member
Try another HDMI cable, or see what happens via Optical cable

Either that or the movie isn't actually 5.1 output, but maybe only 2.0 or 2.1.. Does it happen via Netflix or other apps as well?
I could try another HDMI cable, the movie is 5.1 says so in the file name.

Netflix seems to work fine through the lit box